• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

any Hockey fans?

That series is tough to call. While the Nucks have a good team, I dont think Lou can hold up in the long run against Rinne. I just think hes more of a solid goalie than Lou ever will be. I really think the Preds will win that one in 7.

How about this Nashville team man. Theyre no pushovers.

Rinne has been excellent. I thought all teams in the West would be tough. I didn't expect Nashville to get past Anaheim. Rinne wasn't exactly outstanding in that series, but he was better than Emery. I really though that Anaheim's top 6 forwards would be too much for Nashville.

I got a chance to see a Nashville-Canucks regular season game earlier. They are very stingy defensively. This series has been as expected. Low scoring, close games. Rinne has really stepped up his game in the second round. After all, this is the battle of two Vezina trophy nominees. Both teams also gave up very few goals in the regular season.

The Canucks seem to be having trouble burying their scoring chances. They've had a lot both in this series and last. Kesler scored for the first time last night. Bieksa had a practically wide open net in Game 2 and failed to convert. I'm glad they're getting their chances, but their failure to convert is really stressing me out. Giving up 3rd period leads is stressing me out the most. At least, the Canucks don't seem to be panicking through these set backs.

My biggest concern with the Canucks is the loss of Manny Malholtra. I really see the big hole he left behind since his season ended with his eye injury. Kesler has done an admirable job in his absence. I worry that he may be burnt out. Lapierre and Higgins have been great late additions to this team. Lapierre has been able to take some of the load off Kesler in the face-off circle and Higgins has added some needed scoring. He's displaced Samuelsson on Kesler's line.

This is going to be another long series. If the Canucks make it to the conference finals, I wonder if there is going to be any gas left in the tank.

Reactions: McLabia
Upvote 0
Leafs or GTFO!!!!!
Leafs_Logo_from_1933_-_1967.gif

13 Cups & counting!!!!!

Reactions: Ichapp
Upvote 0
FEW glad i didnt watch the last 2 games... looks like the sharks are gonna take the series! CONGRATS!!

i was busy for both games, but did get to hear plenty about the refs taking over. no this is NOT an excuse, but this is playoff hockey.. SWALLOW YOUR WHISTLES already. yeah of course you have to call the high sticks, and obvious calls, but the chippy stuff has to go. the officiating has to go.

HOW BOUT THE BOLTS?!?!

dayum, swept the Caps!!!

no if we as wings get swept, its not as bad as the Caps getting torn a new one.
has any game in our series been decided by more than one goal? so way, San Jose. that's a good series in my mind!

again, congrats Labia (hah, still fitting!)

Reactions: gobluejd
Upvote 0
I will let you choose. However let's just stop this until we actually loose, I still have hope. If/when that happens I will use what you want, until Sharks loose.

Detroits good, but not that good(This aint the East). This series reminds me of how we played Chicago last year. We played good, they were good games, but we still ended up being swept. To be honest, the score hasnt told the tale of this series. Or maybe it has. There is a lot to be said about all one goal games.

Upvote 0
Detroits good, but not that good(This aint the East). This series reminds me of how we played Chicago last year. We played good, they were good games, but we still ended up being swept. To be honest, the score hasnt told the tale of this series. Or maybe it has. There is a lot to be said about all one goal games.

I am actually hoping for a "blackhawks" comeback via round 1. We looked better than them against the canucks against you.

Either of our teams will not make it past Vancouver though.

Let's be clear here. You can gloat, you have deserved it. But to say we have not been that good makes no sense. Our games are 1 goal differences. Have you guys even scored a non power play goal against us?

You guys look good, but we look the same, you just happen to put one in before us.....nothing more. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
I am actually hoping for a "blackhawks" comeback via round 1. We looked better than them against the canucks against you.

Either of our teams will not make it past Vancouver though.

Let's be clear here. You can gloat, you have deserved it. But to say we have not been that good makes no sense. Our games are 1 goal differences. Have you guys even scored a non power play goal against us?

You guys look good, but we look the same, you just happen to put one in before us.....nothing more. :rolleyes:

LOL. Have you actually watched any of the games? XD

Upvote 0
LOL. Have you actually watched any of the games? XD

Yes. Are you saying that the Sharks are smoking us? Cause I do not see it. 2 of the 3 were overtime, do you not realize that? Are you watching? As avid hockey fan (not a bandwagon one either) I can tell you the 2 OT games could have EASILY gone our way. But it is hockey, and I can live with that. It is not like it's been 5-2 every game.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones