1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

any hope for me?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by akasan, Jun 1, 2011.

1. akasan

akasan Member
    None

Nov 2, 2009
    Was out of town and dropped my baby in the toilet. was in for maybe 2 seconds if that and worked for a few minutes after. yes i am stupid for not immediately taking the battery out and dropping it in a bag of rice. Now the phone turns on, but the screen is blank unless i charge it, in which case i get the battery indicator screen except the background is red instead of black. if i turn it on, i hear text/email indicators. right now I switched back to my samsung moment (ugh. wow the screen seems so much smaller than i remembered, lol). Any chance my baby will miraculously heal itself? I'm not paying for the insurance replacement with the evo 3d right around the corner, but if it is fixable sans 100 dollar insurance payment I would stick with it a few months until whatever kinks show up with the evo 3d are worked out

Advertisement

2. ZiggSVO

ZiggSVO Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 30, 2011
    Your best bet is to probably leave it in the rice for a day or so and hope for the best :p

3. Silent Thunder

Silent Thunder Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 17, 2011
    I would take the back off pull the battery and SD card and leave it out in the hot sun for a day or two or three.

4. PC Jona

PC Jona Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 19, 2010
    New York
    start praying