1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Any Huawei X6 parts compatible?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by foobarX, Jul 22, 2011.

1. foobarX

foobarX Member
    None

Jul 22, 2011
    trader, sw developer
    San Diego, US
    Especially batteries?

e.g.
    Lithium-Ions Battery for Huawei IDEOS X6

So far so good with the MT I got from worstbuy (mission valley, not the one closest to me) on Sunday - BeyondTalk$25 no problems. Same crappy signal as at&t, verizon and tmobile where I live in San Diego.

Now, just gotta wait for sprint to screw me over like they did on the pioneer plan...

Advertisement

2. cutterjohn

cutterjohn Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 29, 2011
    Huawei U9000 IDEOS X6 - User opinions and reviews It's NOT made or even designed by Hua Wei. It's a Foxconn ODM phone re-badged. Hell it was even in the comments there that I should've of read.

I was looking the the linux logs on the phone today, and dmesg in particular is loaded with FIH (Foxconn International Holdings) labels, with nary a ref to Hua Wei or any of the others.

As to compatibility maybe some things, depends upon what the ODM customer/branding entity wanted changed and what Foxconn offered to change, e.g. clearly the other variants don't have Gorilla glass, all of them are GSM, etc.

3. foobarX

foobarX Member
    None

Jul 22, 2011
    trader, sw developer
    San Diego, US
    Battery view of a MT and a x6

(btw, these guys seem to think the x6 has gorilla glass, although the way they say "more than 3 inches screen" to refer to the 4.1 inch screen seems wierd...)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. cutterjohn

None

Apr 29, 2011
    Corning's Gorilla glass page doesn't, and that's what counts for me...

5. Gmash

Gmash Android Expert
    None

Feb 3, 2011
    Male
    neither Here nor There
    Do you really think Virgin would add the expense of Gorilla Glass just for this variant and not even promote it as a feature? Get real. If the Triumph has it, so do the other umpteen variants.

6. cutterjohn

None

Apr 29, 2011
    So you seriously believe that Corning wouldn't list it on a page intended for that purpose? You get real. Each re-brander of this Foxconn phone can request design changes that either increase or decrease costs or a combo to maintain bog base cost. Likely the other variants skipped out on Gorilla glass to cut corners on Foxconn base price.

Motorola is the only relatively large company that even slaps their branding on this phone, and I suspect that they put in Gorilla glass to distinguish it from the other (cheaper) variants, along with some minor chassis changes...