1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Any ICS roms that run relatively smoothly?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by worknman, Aug 16, 2012.

1. worknman

worknman Member

My Galaxy Nexus is currently out of commission, so had to fall back on my Droid Incredible for awhile until I can get the Gnex fixed, and Gingerbread is killing me :) Anyone recommend an ICS rom that runs relatively smoothly? Somebody in another thread mentioned that AOKP lagged a lot, so not sure if all ICS roms do?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. kadimi

kadimi Android Enthusiast

3. worknman

worknman Member

That's an alpha build... comment indicated that it was still buggy. I hate to be picky, but anything smooth AND stable? :)

4. DIncNewbie

DIncNewbie Newbie

worknman (and all), same question here. I'd like to get my DInc cooking on something newer, but there's a lot out there and not sure which direction to go in. Here's my criteria:

1) Looking to max out stability, so for now I'm going to forgo JB for ICS. I would imagine that the latter ROMs have been more shaken out;

2) Want a nice clean Android build (which hopefully translates to fairly snappy response, as much as is possible with the DInc's slower processor) with a minimum of essential apps...ability to tether, etc. Would like to see what something close to stock Android looks like;

3) Has a camera that works, including viewfinder on the screen (which AOKP still doesn't do, apparently);

4) Ideally, is compatible with Verizon's Backup Assistant Plus (which hopefully will someday back up my contacts as well, because right now they are still relying on the old non-Plus Backup Assistant for those, and from what I can't see you can't install it separately, seems to be an integral part of the VZW ROMs :mad:).

Heard a lot about AOKP but looks as though they're dropping further development for the DInc (which wouldn't be so bad if the last compatible build would let me see something on the LCD when using the camera). Of course I hear a lot about CyanogenMod but I also thought I heard that it has camera issues.

Would welcome any and all suggestions from the community here. Thanks!

5. BlastGT1

BlastGT1 Android Enthusiast

Check XDA for the Linaro Optimized CM9 ROM. I ran it for a little bit and really liked it. The only dealbreaker for me with this, like every ICS ROM I've tried, is that the camcorder function doesn't work, just FC's.

HTC Droid Incredible Forum

The HTC Droid Incredible release date was April 2010. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

April 2010
Release Date
Reviews