1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Any ideas? com.android.bluetooth has stopped

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by woodsykay, May 19, 2011.

1. woodsykay

woodsykay Lurker

Hi all! I've been getting great info here since October and finally took the plunge to root my Captivate last month. I'm using cognition 4.3 and didn't think I had any problems. However, last night I tried to send some files using bluetooth from my laptop and contacts from my old Centro (both of which I've done before rooting) and failed.

I get this error on the Captivate: the application OPP (process com.android.bluetooth) has stopped and I have the option to force close.

I've been googling but the only thing close to my issue I've found happens with Chinese character sets which I'm not using.

Any ideas anyone?
    TIA,
    Kay

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. beatdroppah

beatdroppah Well-Known Member

only thing i can think of as the culprit, would be a bad flash. as far as i know, cognition is not generally known for causing this issue. if no other idea has fixed it, possible a re-flash is in order

3. woodsykay

woodsykay Lurker

Is a re-flash when I use Odin to go back to stock (2.1 in my case)? And then go through the whole "How to flash" procedure again?

4. beatdroppah

beatdroppah Well-Known Member

yes flash back to stock with odin, do a system wipe if you want to, and re-flash the rom again, same procedure. a re-flash usually fixes bad install problems with .apk's/modem problems, stuff like that

woodsykay likes this.
  5. woodsykay

woodsykay Lurker

Will Odin3 work on 2.2 to restore to 2.1?

I have tried to use Odin3 1.3. It will recognize my phone, but nothing at all happens when I press start. I've tried several reboots (phone and Win7 PC), using different usb ports, and re-installing the phone drivers on Win7.

The phone WILL go into download mode. And it does show up in a yellow box in Odin3.

Samsung Captivate Forum

The Samsung Captivate release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Hummingbird processor, and 1500mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews