1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

any ideas how to restore one finger zoom?

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Gobshyte, Dec 2, 2021.

1. Gobshyte

Gobshyte Newbie

Since I "upgraded" from Huawei mate 9 to a Huawei mate 20 pro I seem to have lost quite a few features, one of those is the one finger zoom where you could double click with your thumb and just slide/zoom a picture with one hand, now that's no longer available on the mate 20 or maybe I've just missed the setting any ideas how to restore one finger zoom

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

its probably a feature that went away from. its not an android thing. i do not have this option on my z fold 3. i can pinch to zoom but thats about it.

Dannydet likes this.
  3. puppykickr

puppykickr Android Expert

Try this ( @ocnbrze as well) :

Settings
    Accessibility
    Magnification

Dannydet and ocnbrze like this.
  4. Gobshyte

Gobshyte Newbie

Yeap it is an Android feature, had it for more than 10 years until I got this pos

5. Gobshyte

Gobshyte Newbie

Good call
    but it's not there

mikedt and ocnbrze like this.
  6. mikedt

mikedt 你好

You mean in the Gallery app, where you view your photos? That should still work on a Mate20 Pro. Have you tried restarting the phone?

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note20 Ultra, and can double tap photos with one finger or thumb, to zoom and move the view around. Also have a Huawei Mate10, that was just updated to HarmonyOS 2.0 from Android 10, and the Gallery app still has double tap to zoom.

ocnbrze and Dannydet like this.
  7. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

If this is only an issue with a gallery app a simple fix is to try a different gallery app (assuming that it can't be fixed by just a restart or similar).