• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Any ideas on where the ad in Graffiti input area is coming from?

bogdenca

Lurker
Aug 16, 2010
I have HTC Evo and installed Graffiti some time ago with no problems. Yesterday I did an update of several apps including Graffiti, which required a manual update to a new version. Ever since the updates were completed, I have an ad show up in the text input area. This shows when I'm either doing a google search, text message, etc. It's always an ad for Netfront Life Browser (which I don't have installed). It's really irritating because I have to tap the ad to make it disappear which makes Graffiti think I'm hitting the screen to input puncuation. So I have to tap it again to remove punctuation mode before I can enter text. The ad also will pop up in the middle of inputting the Graffiti text.

I'm not sure if the updated Graffiti is forcing the ads in, or if it's another app that is causing it. Any ideas on how to fix this? I hate to lose Graffiti but something has to give - it's now much slower to use Graffiti than regular keyboard.

Thanks!

I thought i read them but i must have gotten distracted. What a shame-finally got graffiti back after years of missing it but this is a hassle. Especially when the ad pops up in thc middle of typing. I guess i'll have to go to swype or some alternative. Also i swear it's not as responsive after the update, making it even less attractive. Thanks for the help.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones