1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Root Any ideas..?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Casanunda, Feb 17, 2011.

1. Casanunda

Casanunda Well-Known Member

So I finally lost my rag with the low space notification, and decided that instead of chucking the damned thing out of the window, perhaps the time to root had arrived. So i made a goldcard, rooted and installed the HD ROM port, which seems excellent by the way. The trouble is, after flashing the new ROM I realised I hadn't partitioned my SD card, which completely buggers up the whole reason I started messing about in the first place. So I tried partitioning it using ROM manager. This was a mistake on reflection, as it now appears not to be a goldcard any more. But now when I try and make it into a goldcard again the hex editor won't let me paste the relevant lines in there. Does this mean it's game over for this card, or is there anything I can do to fix it?

Thanks guys :)

Advertisement

2. InfernalByte

InfernalByte Android Expert

I would suggest your doing someting wrong in the hex editor, its your hex editor has loaded corruptly. Back out and try again.

3. Casanunda

I've tried it a few times but it was the same thing every time, the paste button is greyed out every time...

4. InfernalByte

Read the intuctions carefully, and make sure your not replicating the mistake,I think YOUR doing something wrong in the process.

5. Casanunda

Yeah you were right, I'd missed the 'open as read only' tick box. It's amazing what a good night's sleep does for you. I feel a tool, sorry to have bothered you.

6. InfernalByte

Tags: