• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Any increased interest now that the price dropped?

UKCatFan

Android Expert
Dec 15, 2010
I just picked one of these up due to the price drop to $99. With my Connect being such a POS, I wanted something to tide me over until the new breed of Metro phones come out in my area. Now with this I can hold off enough to probably reach the 2nd generation of GSM phones.

Not that I expect much, but wondering if this low price might lead to some development work? Does anyone know if there is a sibling model on another carrier that could help? I would love a ROM for ICS or JB, but even an optimized GB one would be nice.

A few days in I can say it runs better than my Connect. It still drains the battery quick when using the 4G in my office (not a strong signal), but everything is more snappy and I do not get the random reboots, five minutes boot up, freezing, etc. At $99, it was worth it to hold me over until more options on the GSM arrive. I am not interested in the ones there right now. I have not rooted mine yet and might not. So far I have not seen anything pressing to make me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones