1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

General Any increased interest now that the price dropped?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by UKCatFan, Jul 21, 2013.

1. UKCatFan

UKCatFan Android Expert

I just picked one of these up due to the price drop to $99. With my Connect being such a POS, I wanted something to tide me over until the new breed of Metro phones come out in my area. Now with this I can hold off enough to probably reach the 2nd generation of GSM phones.

Not that I expect much, but wondering if this low price might lead to some development work? Does anyone know if there is a sibling model on another carrier that could help? I would love a ROM for ICS or JB, but even an optimized GB one would be nice.

Advertisement

2. racer1309

racer1309 Newbie

I was thinking of picking up one of these for my wife to upgrade her but I am not seeing much activity on this phone. I'll probably just have her stay with the evo 4g I flashed over a while ago.

3. UKCatFan

UKCatFan Android Expert

A few days in I can say it runs better than my Connect. It still drains the battery quick when using the 4G in my office (not a strong signal), but everything is more snappy and I do not get the random reboots, five minutes boot up, freezing, etc. At $99, it was worth it to hold me over until more options on the GSM arrive. I am not interested in the ones there right now. I have not rooted mine yet and might not. So far I have not seen anything pressing to make me.