• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Any Incredible owners jealous of the Evo 4G?

You are comparing Lady Gaga and Ke$ha here. EVO = Lady Gaga, and DInc = Ke$ha.
Yeah, both are hot, and have different strengths and weaknesses.

the screen is so big i can't reach parts of it with my thumb while holding it one-handed.
I fail to see how thats a bad thing. Its a touch screen phone. Play with an Eris, especially the keyboard, then pick up an Evo and do the same thing. You'll appreciate the larger screen.

That said, The Evo's weaknesses- being the bill, the lack of 4G in most areas (including mine), lack of a trackpad (lets face it, scrolling back to fix a typo is easier than trying to touch between letters), and Sprint- are enough to convince me it isn't worth it. Sorry, "Gaga," I'll stick with "Ke$ha," because I like her so much more!

Upvote 0
It's too big for my liking... plus with the bigger screen it is still the same resolution as the Incredible, so you actually aren't really gaining anything in that department.

True.
"The screen on the HTC EVO 4G is a huge 4.3-inch touchscreen LCD with a resolution of 800x480 ... The resolution of the Incredible's screen is also 800x480, so the pixel density is a bit higher than the screen on the EVO."

Droid Incredible vs HTC EVO 4G: What's the Difference? - Tested

The EVO 4G is a very nice phone. It's an HTC device after all! But I don't really use the Inc for watching videos, taking pictures/video, and I don't think that would change going to the EVO 4G. It's nice, but I probably wouldn't use it. Plus I can Swype one handed with the Inc. Looks like it would harder to do that with the EVO without fear of dropping it.

Reactions: nyngbld
Upvote 0
If you want to video chat why not just go talk to them in person? Or hop on a web cam.

lol...what?

If you want to read your email or surf the internet, why not hop on a desktop computer?

If you want to take a picture, why not get out your camera?

If you want to make a phone call, why not pick up your landline?

If you want to communicate with somebody far away, why not write them a letter or take some vacation time and pay them a visit?

Upvote 0
lol

LOL

LOL

LOL

Ummm, No.

the more i read about the EVO, the more i love my incredible. the EVO is just such a huge phone...
the 4G fast service is the main thing i like, but its not even planned for our area. the large screen is really cool also, but as others have stated its only bigger, subpar to the amoled. i have new every two in 18 months, i really hope verizon has more 4G going by then. def like big red!! my two cents..

Upvote 0
I admit I am a tad bit jealous.. but never even close to even thinking about switching services. I come from the standpoint of me buying a phone for service/functionality first.. then as far as where my money goes.. I pay for hardware. That being said.. having a good camera is a key factor I look into when purchasing a phone. Its a big part of why I never got into the iPhone bandwagon (that, and the fact that they're on AT&T). I couldn't justify myself paying the said amount for hardware that was ok, but dressed up very nice (I know many pay for the "experience" of iPhone OS, etc). So yea.. 720p video recording had me wishing the Incredible had it.

Despite the Incredible originally rumored to have 720p video recording (which is what initially caught my attention on the phone) I'm still overall the happiest I've ever been with any other phone experience I've had.

Upvote 0
I am man enough to say it. I am jealous.

I have the option to cancel my VZ account with full refund and i have thought about it many times but in the end it’s just not worth the hassle for me. I would love all the extra features the Evo has but the only one i would probably use consistently is the kickstand.

Upvote 0
While I must say that the Evo's bigger screen is enticing, I'm quite happy with my DInc.

I managed to somewhat convince one of my friends who's on sprint to switch to the droid side, (I told him we had little green robots... and cookies) and upgrade from his Instinct. He pre-ordered an Evo just recently and is anxiously waiting for it.

Another thing I've grown fond of is having the AMOLED screen, the colors are just so vibrant! I don't think I'll see an LCD screen the same way again.

So while my friend will have the larger of the droid phones, I have no envy of the increased size of his equipment. I'm quite happy with the reduced size, but full functionality of my smaller DInc. :p

I gave him the following warning about his new phone, and tell me if any part of this isn't true:

"When you take the phone out of its packaging, you'll find that there's an invisible adhesive coating on the outside which makes it stick to your hand after getting it activated. So what you might wanna do is let it sit there for a few minutes while you continue to use and enjoy your old phone, cuz once you pick up the new one, you won't be able to put it down for several days and you'll just find yourself having to use it until the adhesive loses its strength and releases from your hand. This generally begins to happen after you've installed many applications and tested out lots of different backgrounds. After a few days of app installations, customization, and playing around with most of what the phone can do, (including having live backgrounds of girls who's boobs jiggle when you shake the phone) it'll still be a bit sticky, but it will be much easier to place down."

(please consider sending a GV invite my way if you found any humor in this ;))

Upvote 0
The only thing the EVO has that I wish the Incredible did is the front facing camera. The 720p video capture really doesn't mean anything to me. And unless it has higher resolution, a bigger screen is only good for an e-pen0s extender. To me, the most important screen-related figure (aside from LCD vs. AMOLED, etc...) is pixel density, which the Incredible does just fine at.

I DO kind of prefer the look of the EVO. It's really only fractionally bigger (0.2" x 0.3" x 0.07"), but the bigger screen fills up a lot of the blank space on the front. I wish they had been able to trim down some of the blank space on the front of the Incredible and make it slightly smaller overall.

Upvote 0
besides pockets of area's where sprint's service actually works all your looking at witht the evo is a media device with widi. Not only do we have one of the best phones on the market, we have the best service to back it up.

To some of the other posters out their, I live in Boston, and I see incredible commercials all the time... I'm sure the phone is more popular in the dense populations.

Upvote 0
I'd be jealous of the EVO....if I wanted a mini tablet and not a smartphone.

4.3 inches? I'm a big dude and that's too big for even me. Most manufacturers appear to agree as the 4G Iphone isn't increasing screen size and most of the high end phones on the horizon are still sticking with screens under 4inches...despite the 4.3 being widely available.

Upvote 0
How many consecutive quarters has Sprint lost customers instead of gaining customers? I lost count.

The EVO is gonna be a really nice phone but with less coverage and super limited 4G (at $10 more a month) it could never keep me happy. My DInc Works on 3G every where I've been and my old phone worked in 3G where Sprint and AT&T customers couldn't get voice nevermind data.

By the time front facing camera's can be used on a 4G network that covers most places 3G covers today I will be readyfor an upgrade. Til then, I feel I have the best phone

Upvote 0
YouTube - Peek at the Future: Verizon Wireless Boston 4G LTE Trial

Verizon will do 4G bigger and better than any other company. So while other companies may have it first, Verizon will have it the best. And by then new 4G handsets will be coming out as well, INCREDIBLE 2 anyone?!?!?

Also, IMHO, the Incredible is more pocketable, has a better screen with the beautiful AMOLED screen, and is on the best network...

Either way, I give more power to HTC and Android to stick it to Steve Jobs. Monopoly? Give me a break! It's time to show what true OPEN SOURCE can do!!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones