• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Any info on this horizontal case shown in the evo 4g accessories ad?

tracerit

Android Enthusiast
May 7, 2010
Orange County, CA
HTC EVO 4G accessories detailed ahead of launch -- Engadget

It's retailing for $29.99 and i googled the part number but nothing came up. It looks like it's HTC OEM so it won't look funky (like that Body Glove case). If anyones used the Mogul, you'll know it came with one of the best leather cases ever made, that i kept it for the Touch Pro 1 and Touch Pro 2 (tight fit though).

I bought the Seidio Innocase and holster but it's still in pre-order status from mobilecityonline and I don't know if i want to cancel it yet or not. I guess i'll wait another day to see what the replies are, because I'd rather have a leather case instead of the holster.

If anyones used the Mogul, you'll know it came with one of the best leather cases ever made, that i kept it for the Touch Pro 1
SRSLY!! Me too, I LOVED that thing. I was super disappointed when I pulled that velco thing out of the box when I got my TP. I went immediately to lookin' for my old leather magnetic case.

That's pretty slick. I might have to get one of those... this is definitely gonna be my favorite phone EvAR!! :D

Upvote 0
I was lucky enough to get the vertical case before it sold out. The horizontal one looks like it would be a little hard to get the evo out of because there is no hole at the bottom to lift the phone up with.

Yes it is a little difficult.

I actually have not even used the case yet. It is still sitting here unused.

I am debating on keeping it or not for that exact reason. It is a little hard to get the phone out.

Upvote 0

that doens't appear to be the case that Sprint's selling in my original link. In my link, there seems to be some sort of indentation in the middle for you to push the phone up and out. And that it also has a black interior.

Upvote 0
i feel like i just got lucky.

found this on ebay. its the official htc messenger case that's been shown above. but instead of 24.99 or even 20.99, i got it for $17.49 shipped, brand new. same pictures and descriptions as the sites above, too.

OEM Messenger Horizontal Leather Case for HTC EVO 4G - eBay (item 390204259656 end time Jun-03-10 10:25:11 PDT)

Upvote 0
I tried that HTC case at Best Buy (not the Sprint one, the one with the beige leather inside). The EVO just barely fit inside. In fact, the flap would not stay closed about 50% of the time because it was so tight. It is a generic case that is not design specifically for the EVO. The sales rep said "It will stretch". Probably, but I may want to put a silicone sleeve on it and I knew there was 0% chance it would fit then.
I tried out the Sprint/HTC case in the store and it fit nicely - plus it has the hole on the bottom to remove it. It was a display model and they wouldn't sell it to me.
I've always like the Krussell case (very high quality) but I don't see one for the EVO. Hopefully someone will post a full review of the Sprint/HTC case when they get their hands on one.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones