1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

any info

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rmman125, Aug 21, 2012.

1. rmman125

rmman125 Lurker

mod you can close this thread problem solved thanks savage i was gonna crush the phonehere is what happened to me my design has been rooted for a month now,
    and i got a secrity update that would pop up every time i rebooted i installed it not thinking at all about it ****ing up the root and i never saw anything in the forums about not doing it.
    anyways after the install it powered off and it didnt come back on idk if it bricked it or not i tried to open bootloader and everything else nothing worked. 90% of the time i plug it in the phone charger nothing happens but sometimes the charge light comes on idk if that means its bricked or not.
    if i hit and buttons power volume ect the charge light goes off and the phone does nothing please is you have any info please help me out i will be checking this hourly.

thank you for any help you can give me

2. Savage Shadows

Savage Shadows Android Enthusiast

rmman125, did you install any recovery methods to your phone as part of your rooting process? For example, clockworkmod?

rmman125 likes this.
  3. rmman125

rmman125 Lurker

yes i have that and titanium right now its says its charging but like i said anybuttons i hit and it stops charging

4. Savage Shadows

If you use non-stock ROMs and/or kernels, have you tried re-flashing them? You can backup your apps, contacts, music, etc... with a program (not an app) called mobilego from wondershare, so that you can easily restore it all afterwards.

rmman125 likes this.
  5. rmman125

rmman125 Lurker

i have heavnly divine rebirth and how can i do that if i cant get to the bootloader or power on and thanks for the help btw and should i have my sd card in the phone

6. Savage Shadows

Hmmm I think I misunderstood something vital here. So you can't get to the bootloader, and essentially, you cannot get to CWM. Correct?

7. rmman125

rmman125 Lurker

correct all i can do is sometimes get the charger working the battery charger is working it was orange and it went green but i cant start it in either bootloader or main start

8. Savage Shadows

I hate to say it, but somehow I think its bricked. It hasn't happened to me yet, though something does stick out to me that could mean hope for you. And that would be the fact that you can get it charging, even if it is temperamental.

I apologize, but unfortunately, my knowledge would end there. I know that not having a working device, especially a cell phone, can be a very big problem. If you have an older device that you can activate until you can find a solution, that would be what I would recommend for now. I might suggest messaging a few developers you can find, ask them if they have any ideas, or recommend anywhere to look to.

Again, I apologize I cannot offer any solutions at this time, but I'd like to say good luck.

9. rmman125

rmman125 Lurker

so i got it to finally connect to my laptop but it only can connect half way to the program you told me about and i can find it in my device manger my htc but idk how to get it to connect now

10. rmman125

rmman125 Lurker

omgggggggggggggggggggggggggggg i held down the two volume buttons and held the power button and it turned on omg thank you thank you it must have needed a full charge the steps i took is you have to plug in the usb and battery at the same time and wait till the green light goes on and ur set but for the way the phone was acting i figured it was bricked

11. Savage Shadows

I am very relieved to hear that you have your phone operating again! I was feeling pretty worried for you, I don't know if it would have been covered by warranty. Next step, is rule #1. Back it all up! I have countless backups from clockwork and mobilego.

Hey, I hope this problem doesn't pop back up for you, and glad to hear you had some luck!

12. rmman125

rmman125 Lurker

yea not gonna update the phone anymore and thanks again

HTC EVO Design Forum

The HTC EVO Design release date was October 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1520mAh battery.

October 2011
Release Date
Reviews