• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Any interest?

alfick3

Android Expert
Feb 7, 2011
DFW, TX
I know this phone isn't the hottest piece of hardware out there (being eclipsed by the GSIII) and it doesn't have ICS (or JB) on it, but does anyone plan on getting it? I would if I hadn't gotten a phone just 4 months ago (the Optimus M+) and could convince the CFO (my wife) of the necessity of upgrading to a 4G phone.

I know this phone isn't the hottest piece of hardware out there (being eclipsed by the GSIII) and it doesn't have ICS (or JB) on it, but does anyone plan on getting it? I would if I hadn't gotten a phone just 4 months ago (the Optimus M+) and could convince the CFO (my wife) of the necessity of upgrading to a 4G phone.

No, the S3 is pretty much eclipsing everything else lol. But that's all 4g, & for people who can afford the higher end phones. I have an Esteem & don't plan on getting anything else for quite a while. But a lot of people can't afford to get into 4g, so metro seems to be adding to their 3g side also. I also think that's why they're offering a cheaper 4g plan also. I think it depends on what people are comfortable with. 4g can be overwhelming if someone doesn't know what they are doing

Reactions: alfick3
Upvote 0

I just bought the ZTE Anthem 3 days ago. I adore the speed, 4G service, but hate Gingerbread 2.3.5. If I could find a way to root the phone I would. I've tried many many many different root tricks and apps, none of them have worked so far. Even the ones that say "Our $983434534.00 dollar software will root anything!"

The battery life for heavy use is about 2 hours. On standby, about 8 hours before needing to be charged :(

+++++++++++++UPDATE ON THE ZTE ANTHEM+++++++++++++++++++

This has got to be one of the worst phones I've ever used. At first things went smoothly, until the keyboard stopped working. Got it replaced with a brand new phone. This phone needed the SD card update so that it would stop running the media scan 10 times a day. Then, the keyboard stopped working on the second phone. Finally, after getting a 3rd new phone, the 4G LTE receptor was bad and did not have a constant connection with MetroPCS. So I took the phone back, asked for a full refund, and bought a Galaxy Nexus, which is what I should have done in the first place.

Upvote 0
maybe someone can help me im new to this but i just bought the anthem yesterday cuz i broke my phone and it was all i could afford. well all i want to do is be able to take a screenshot but every app says something bout "root"! i have no clue what that is! does anyone know of an app or anything that might work??

Upvote 0
maybe someone can help me im new to this but i just bought the anthem yesterday cuz i broke my phone and it was all i could afford. well all i want to do is be able to take a screenshot but every app says something bout "root"! i have no clue what that is! does anyone know of an app or anything that might work??

Here's something you can try: push the home button and power buttons at the same time. I know that works for a couple of different phones, so it might work for this one.

Upvote 0
This is actually a decent phone, especially for the price. It's basically the esteem just with a dual core. It sucks that it came with gingerbread but if the phone got a little support where there was root, a custom recovery, and custom Roms it would b even better. If this phone had cm9 or cm10 it would be great phone, at least I'm my opinion. It doesn't seem like many people are getting this phone, so I don't know how much support it's actually gonna get.

Reactions: 5150countryboy
Upvote 0
+++++++++++++UPDATE ON THE ZTE ANTHEM+++++++++++++++++++

This has got to be one of the worst phones I've ever used. At first things went smoothly, until the keyboard stopped working. Got it replaced with a brand new phone. This phone needed the SD card update so that it would stop running the media scan 10 times a day. Then, the keyboard stopped working on the second phone. Finally, after getting a 3rd new phone, the 4G LTE receptor was bad and did not have a constant connection with MetroPCS. So I took the phone back, asked for a full refund, and bought a Galaxy Nexus, which is what I should have done in the first place.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones