• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Any issues with bluetooth 4.0 adapters?

worknman

Apr 13, 2010
I just got this USB adapter for my PC, so that I could play audio from my Gnex thru my computer speakers (Windows 7 64-bit) from across the room:

Amazon.com: Medialink USB Bluetooth Adapter - Version 4.0 (Newest Bluetooth Version Available) Class 2 Smart Ready Adapter w/ Low Energy Technology - Windows 7 32/64 Compatible: Computers & Accessories

My older Droid Incredible pairs with it and works just fine. The Gnex will pair with it, but I can't get any audio to play through the speakers. I can play/pause using the PC, so I know it's communicating with the phone.... just can't HEAR anything. The PC claims that the 'peripheral driver' is missing, while it has no such complaint with the Droid Incredible.

The Gnex works just fine with the Belkin receiver I have connected to my car stereo, so the manufacturer of the above adapter suspects that maybe the Gnex is not yet equipped to work with bluetooth 4.0 devices?

I've installed and reinstalled the adapter drivers, and have also tried the newest version. My phone is a Verizon Gnex, running AOKP build 36, based on (I think) the official Verizon 4.04 build.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones