• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Any ladies with the 'Bolt?

Lady here. Hubby and I both bought the TB on release day and I am pleased! I carry big purses so I don't have any problems getting it to fit inside (soo many dirty jokes...!). I also just ordered this case from amazon...

Amazon.com: Blossoming White Spring Flower Protective Hard Rubberized Case Cover Design for Verizon HTC Thunderbolt 4G: Cell Phones & Accessories

Well, to filth it up even more...your case is really cute!!! But...I go naked 'cause I'm a rebel...LOL! (Guess that explains the growing baby in my tummy! Hahaha :D)

Upvote 0
Awe congrats on being pregnant! I have a 10 month old myself :)

Yes, congrats! I have two wild little boys, 3 and 5. :eek:

Thanks! :) This is my first and I'm thrilled!

And to keep it on topic, I just got back from Verizon. Was going to get the TB, but they were OOS. I called right before I left and some arse named Mike told me they had them in stock, but apparently he was too lazy to check. The good news is the rep was going to drive down to another store about 20 mins away, because that store has 55 in stock and they're willing to share. So I have to go back in about an hour. For whatever reason (corporate discount?) they're selling it to me for $199, so that takes away a little of my annoyance at having to make 2 trips. :)

Upvote 0
Well, to filth it up even more...your case is really cute!!! But...I go naked 'cause I'm a rebel...LOL! (Guess that explains the growing baby in my tummy! Hahaha :D)
Aw - congrats. I have two kids myself. The ten year old has been all kinds of pissy that I won't let her play with the TB. Ummm...not a toy! (well, not a toy for a kid anyway...:D)

Reactions: nunyabizness
Upvote 0
I just got this phone today and I love it! I thought the size was going to be too big for me (I'm only 5 feet). I thought it was going to be like a tablet since I'm short, LOL! It's actually the perfect size. I just love the screen size. I don't have to worry about where I"m going to carry it, I usually put my phone in my messenger bag or in my coat pocket or I just carry it if I'm without the kids (3 yr and 2 yr old) doing a quick errand to the store. BTW, my 3 yr old has just claimed that she wants to watch Youtube and play Angry Birds ON MY PHONE! She doesn't even want to touch her ipod touch or my old Motorola Droid, sigh :(

Upvote 0
That stinks! We don't have 4g here yet, but we're suppose to get it soon so I got the phone anyway.

Well, I spoke too soon, thankfully. The last time I looked at the phone, we were about a half mile from the house, and it had been in 3G for at least a few miles. But it was in 4G when I looked at it at home. Sweet :D

. She says it fits in her back jean pocket when she goes out and even in her "clutch" or handpurse or whatever the heck you guys carry nowadays.

Awww :) I do think some women still carry clutches, but I'm not one of them. I guess because I don't go anywhere that requires one - it's definitely not the dress code for sitting on the couch reading, watching TV, or surfing the web, LOL. So anyway, no worries about fit.

Upvote 0
Well, I spoke too soon, thankfully. The last time I looked at the phone, we were about a half mile from the house, and it had been in 3G for at least a few miles. But it was in 4G when I looked at it at home. Sweet :D

Awww :) I do think some women still carry clutches, but I'm not one of them. I guess because I don't go anywhere that requires one - it's definitely not the dress code for sitting on the couch reading, watching TV, or surfing the web, LOL. So anyway, no worries about fit.

Sounds like someone needs to be more active. :p

Upvote 0
Haha, well I do the elliptical in the mornings, but since I've been pregnant I'm too tired to do much of anything else at night. And even when I wasn't pregnant, I'm not much of a social butterfly. I'd rather stay home and watch movies with the hubby.

To keep it on topic, this phone really does feel nice in my hand! Not too large or awkward at all.

Upvote 0
Female here, and also from Ohio - Go Bucks!
I'm coming off an Eris, so the TB is humongous to me, but I really don't mind it. It may not fit in my pocket as well, but it fits, that's all I care about. My friends have the Fascinate and they are really comparable in size. The only thing that I noticed that bothered me what how much heavier the TB is. But my attitude is that you take the bad with the good. This phone is so worth it. If you nit-pick at any phone, you'll talk yourself right out of what could be an amazing device.

And congrats on your expected little bundle of joy! (And the baby too! HAHA!) But seriously, congratulations!

Upvote 0
After my Samsung Fascinate got stolen, I went with the iPhone. I'm kinda starting to miss the Android platform though; there are just a few things about iOS that annoy me. Of course, being in a 4G area, the TB is my main Android contender. But the size freaks me out. It seems so much bigger than the Fascinate did, even though I guess it really isn't. Just wondering if any ladies have the TB and what your thoughts are. Thanks! :)

its not that much bigger than the fascinate google the dimensions of the 2. the only thing is the fascinate is a little thinner other than that the dimensions are really similar.
fascinate= 4.92x2.53x.39
tb= 4.80x2.60x.52

Upvote 0
I ordered Wednesday night (late) and should have it by Monday.

I'm coming from an OG Droid that's rooted (with MANY different ROMs over the past year and a half).

The screen real estate is only part of the reason I opted for this phone, but I have big hands for a lady, so it's no bother.

My only concern at this point is whether I will be able to tolerate not having a physical keyboard or not. I've spent quite a bit of time playing with the demos at my local Verizon, and hopefully Swype will help me along.

One thing I will likely NOT do is root this phone. I really enjoyed the learning process and trying all the different ROMs, but I don't have as much time to play as I did before, so I'll be sticking with stock for some time.

What cases are you ladies using?

Upvote 0
I am so glad that you started this thread because I have been worrying about the exact same thing. My upgrade is tomorrow and I just don't see why I wouldn't go with the newest and best phone at VZW. I don't want to wait because my current phone is a piece of junk. I am only 5'3"and 98lbs so you can imagine how small/dainty my hands are. I am worried it will be too big but everyone here has reassured me that I will love it :)

Upvote 0
I am so glad that you started this thread because I have been worrying about the exact same thing. My upgrade is tomorrow and I just don't see why I wouldn't go with the newest and best phone at VZW. I don't want to wait because my current phone is a piece of junk. I am only 5'3"and 98lbs so you can imagine how small/dainty my hands are. I am worried it will be too big but everyone here has reassured me that I will love it :)

I'm 5'5" and 110. No issues here. :)

I'm using the Case-Mate Pop case in white.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones