• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Any LGMS500 Roms with 4.4+ and Fully Working GPS? (For Pokemon: GO)

Dezan

Lurker
Jul 8, 2016
As the title reads I'm looking for a custom ROM where the GPS actually works, or maybe you can help me fix the one that I'm using! Currently rocking Viperdink's Kitkat mini 4.4.2 I upgraded from Xperion which wasn't a recent enough version of Android to install the App that I wished to run (Pokemon: GO)

I've searched the forums and tried a few solutions but the GPS is absolutely not responding, is there another ROM available for the F6 that runs on 4.4+?

As the title reads I'm looking for a custom ROM where the GPS actually works, or maybe you can help me fix the one that I'm using! Currently rocking Viperdink's Kitkat mini 4.4.2...but the GPS is absolutely not responding, is there another ROM available for the F6 that runs on 4.4+?

This won't help with your situation, but my old Optimus F6 (D500) with Viperdink's KKMini rom had fully working GPS for me, and my brother was able to play Pokemon Go on it (though he said it kept force closing a lot since the phone doesn't have much free ram). I'm guessing his rom isn't fully compatible with non-d500 models of the phone.

Upvote 0
Any luck here so far? CM11 audio glitches out for whatever reason in PokeGo, Carbon no vibration, KKMini seems super good and GPS initially works but cuts out every 1-2 minutes

I ended up upgrading to the latest stable CM13 and it was working fine for me. I think I may have been on the wrong ROM for my phone. I have a Galaxy S4 with tmobile and I may have been using the international / generic rom instead of the one specifically for tmobile.

with today's Pokemon GO update 0.37.0, I can no more play with my LG F6. It shows This device,OS, or software is not compatible with Pokemon GO

Is it because they started preventing users with root from playing?

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones