1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Any luck finding accessories?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tkahike, May 25, 2011.

1. tkahike

tkahike Newbie

Besides generic items that will fit any phone, anyone find items such as a cradle or case?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. y0bailey

y0bailey Member

3. rjglenn

rjglenn Android Enthusiast

+1 on the charging stand. It makes sense because how long will the little rubber o-ring on the charging port last if you open it every day? Probably won't be very water resistant very long...

4. rc109a

rc109a Newbie

I am looking for a sturdy clip. The Verizon one looks too flimsy. I would like to get one of the cradles though...

5. SteevO

SteevO Lurker

+2 on the charging cradle; who knows how long the tether for the micro-USB port cover will last. I also wonder how long that O-ring on the port cover will last. When that dries up and falls off, there goes the "waterproof".

Since I travel frequently, I also bought the iGo Charge Anywhere. It's capable of charging two USB devices simultaneously.

Both items available at Verizon's site.

6. space wrangler

space wrangler Well-Known Member

This "case" is not made for our phones, but it fits like it is. You can wear it on a belt, or attach it to a purse or pack strap. It is very secure. Although different sizes are listed,medium is the only one you can order from their site. That's what I have. I got it from a local outdoors store. Timbuk2 Bags - Shagg Bag - Nylon Fabric

7. cbreze

cbreze Android Enthusiast

I've just seen the cradles on verizon's site and ordered another for $22.49

8. Hi there, I'm new to the forum. I tried out the Body Glove Commando case. Could not stand it. So, I looked around and found this one at a cell phone accessories stand at the mall. I am most positive that ya'll have one too.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. ripjack13

ripjack13 Newbie

i haven't purchased a case yet. however i did get this....

Amazon.com: Skinomi TechSkin - Dark Wood Film Shield & Screen Protector for Verizon Casio G'Zone Commando: Cell Phones & Accessories

[​IMG]

it's a like a 3m skin , but it looks like wood! i'm a carpenter by trade, yet all i seem to do is drywall lately. i do make stuff out of exotic wood, ( purple heart, ebony, rose wood, snake wood ect. ect.) so i just love the fact i can make my commando look like a woody!

i found all my stuff on amazon.com then went to manufacturers website and found more stuff. then google helps too. i'm waiting untill verizon get in more cradles, to get one as well. i really hate opening my charge port every day.

10. ripjack13

ripjack13 Newbie

11. dartmar

dartmar Member

e-bay has a ton of cases and covers. I got some nice stuff there cheap. The only thing I haven't found anywhere is the dock.

12. ripjack13

ripjack13 Newbie

13. cbreze

I got one on verizon's site and if you sign in it gives you the $22.99 price. Also, they seem to be in stock if you click on "device compatibility". Mine arrives tomorrow. Free shipping.

14. ripjack13

ripjack13 Newbie

doesn't seem to be the story that i am seeing on myverizon website. even after i signed in too....

Desktop Charger (wall charger not included)
    $29.99
    Today Add Accessories

Enter Promotional Code:

Shipping Options **** Shipping Restrictions

More Delivery Information

Taxes and Fees (calculated at checkout)

Total Due Today* $29.99

15. momo662

momo662 Lurker

16. Rafael

Rafael Android Enthusiast

I called my local Verizon store on Sunday and they shipped two cradles that should arrive today.

17. cbreze

Not sure what's going on but I just logged in and checked again and see it for $22.49 and "in stock". You might try the "check device compatibility button" It seems to update stuff. Worked for me when it said out of stock, was actually in stock after clicking that.
    EDIT: FWIW, I just clicked your link and it's not the same page I see. The charger dock pic is the same, but the printed info is missing on my page. Different pages???

18. dartmar

dartmar Member

I also am seeing the 29.99 price, and you also have to buy the actual charging cord too.

19. gpsjunkie

gpsjunkie Newbie

The charger that comes with the phone works with the cradle.

20. Rafael

Rafael Android Enthusiast

Just got the two cradles I ordered from Verizon. Called in my order this past Sunday.

21. lodom

lodom Member

I tried to buy a cradle at the VZW retailer near me and they said they no longer make them. That's not very smart IMO since the preservation of the water tight charger port is the main reason a Commando owner would buy one. The only place I've seen that has 'em is Amazon.

22. Noryb

Noryb Lurker

Ditto on the cradle. I ordered two a couple weeks ago when they finally had them in stock online from verizon. Also, I went the route of ordering the Skinomi Techskin but went with the Carbon Fiber skin + screen protector. This allows it to still be used with the charging cradle. As for a case, I found a smartphone case cheap at "Five Below" and removed the magnets and used a 1x1 piece of velcro attached with Loctite glue. I didn't want the magnets to possibly mess the GPS up on the phone.

23. bduemig

bduemig Newbie

While on a trip to PA, I saw a Verizon store and decided to check it out. They had one cradle. Got if for the website listed price and love it. :D

If you see a store, check it out. They may have it!

24. MikeDilligaf

MikeDilligaf Newbie

... been checking Verizon.com everyday.

Yesterday they had the cradles in stock. $29.something plus state and local tax. I ordered one and it's due by Friday.

Casio G'Zone Commando Forum

The Casio G'Zone Commando release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.6" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, processor, and 1460mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews