• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Any Mytouch users moving....

Maybe I'll get the Nexus One after a few months it came out - let a couple of updates run - or let my brother be the guinea pig and let him test it out for me, then buy the phone and make it 5x better than what he could have made it.

I must admit, I'd like to have a larger battery capacity, since my phone would only last a day on a charge by turning off 3G and not using it all day. But, I also spent $500 on a HTC Touch Pro last year, and that phone was slower than my MyTouch.

Upvote 0
I went from the myTouch 3G to the Nexus One.

IMO android needs some more heavy polishing to be in the same league as the iPhone. That said I do like the N1 (minus Google's bungled support system). I don't feel it qualifies to be called a "Superphone". To me it's like having a smoother scrolling myTouch with a bigger screen and prettier interface.

Is it worth the $530 bill? At present I would say no.
Will it be worth it after a few updates? I'm hopeful it will be! :)

One thing worth noting....Had I have not had missed call issues with the myTouch 3G (had two of them, both had the problem). I wouldn't have gotten a Nexus One. Knowing what I know now after owing the N1, i'd have been happy with a myTouch with working calls.

Upvote 0
I went from the myTouch 3G to the Nexus One.

IMO android needs some more heavy polishing to be in the same league as the iPhone. That said I do like the N1 (minus Google's bungled support system). I don't feel it qualifies to be called a "Superphone". To me it's like having a smoother scrolling myTouch with a bigger screen and prettier interface.

Is it worth the $530 bill? At present I would say no.
Will it be worth it after a few updates? I'm hopeful it will be! :)

One thing worth noting....Had I have not had missed call issues with the myTouch 3G (had two of them, both had the problem). I wouldn't have gotten a Nexus One. Knowing what I know now after owing the N1, i'd have been happy with a myTouch with working calls.

very informative, thank you

Upvote 0
Yeah, Already having tried the Droid, I got a taste of the new OS and speed, but still buggy. Other than ergonomics and keyboard the Nexus and Droid are very similar.

Had the Nexus been out earlier, I'd of paid the extra to get it, but can't justify selling the MyCrap and only getting ~$300 to spend $500+ for another "O.K." phone.

After some serious BT issues I am having now, I am getting very close to putting the sim back in the iphone.

Upvote 0
Yeah, Already having tried the Droid, I got a taste of the new OS and speed, but still buggy. Other than ergonomics and keyboard the Nexus and Droid are very similar.

Had the Nexus been out earlier, I'd of paid the extra to get it, but can't justify selling the MyCrap and only getting ~$300 to spend $500+ for another "O.K." phone.

After some serious BT issues I am having now, I am getting very close to putting the sim back in the iphone.

good lucj getting 300, even 200..

Upvote 0
star if i were you i would... you will be mad you didnt in about 2 weeks. after your mytouch has crashed several times and you get those annoying ass force closures multiple times a day

I'm just now starting to see the lag and a couple of Force Closes. Is it due to lack of memory though? What are some ways to free up some memory space without rooting?

Upvote 0
No kidding, I bought mine brand new for $180 shipped.

Yeah, this was my fear of this device. value drops because neither HTC or google care, they just want to sell new equipment. I remember offering a few people $280 for slightly used MT3G just before the holidays. They laughed at me.

I spend $400 on a new one and they will end up selling theirs now for less than $200. Now were both getting laughed at.

Upvote 0
I'm just now starting to see the lag and a couple of Force Closes. Is it due to lack of memory though? What are some ways to free up some memory space without rooting?

jeez how many apps do you have installed? i have around 30 and have plenty of space still
you can try clearing your cache and making sure none of your text message threads are over 100

Upvote 0
jeez how many apps do you have installed? i have around 30 and have plenty of space still
you can try clearing your cache and making sure none of your text message threads are over 100

I was asking if it's because of memory issues, not stating that as fact. I only have about a dozen apps installed. It's not lagging much at all, just happened a couple of times but it has force closed some apps such as games.

Upvote 0
I had a Iphone 3G, Blackberry 9700, and now the mytouch fender edition, they were all great in their own different ways. Im trying out the android system now and see how i like it, I was gonna get the nexus but settled for the mytouch and im hoping that wasnt a bad decision...

I guess that will depend on how demanding you are. I haven't had an iPhone but I have had a BB9700 and I don't regret coming over. I loved the 9700 and it worked great but I guess I really like being able to see web pages and e-mail properly rendered. I don't use the browser a whole lot but at least when I do, the experience is much better. I also have access to a lot more apps and do a lot of different things with my MyTouch that I couldn't do before. I wouldn't expect it to be quite there when comparing to your iPhone but realize that Android is still evolving and I think will eventually surpass iPhone if for no other reason than it only comes on AT&T (sucks). Still, I am quite happy so far and look forward to continuing improvements with Android. I may be wrong but I think we can at least look forward to more updates than what you might see on iPhone also. Always improving and evolving. We just needs these darn carriers to work a little faster in getting the updates out for their particular phones. :cool:

Upvote 0
I strongly believe that the fender edition and the mytouch 1.2 will be a fail. The original mt3g has been out for too long and to only get a headphone jack?? oh wait, and a little more ram??

Not worth upgrading.. And from what I understand if your a current t-mobile customer and you upgrade...the fender edition is the same price as the N1?
contract renewal for fender - 179??
contract renewal for n1 - 179???

If that is correct, it just doesnt make sense to me..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones