• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Any new phone rumors for Sprint?

Is the Photon Q a huge down grade from LTevo? I really liked the OG MoPho. I have been thinking about getting the MoPho Q, hoping it will operate like the OG MoPho. I miss the predictive text, the dial pad and some other features from Motorola.

The short answer... Yes. It is a huge downgrade (and I generally like Moto hardware and hate all HTC phones).

Have you tried SwiftKey X? It has the best predictive text of any keyboard, period.

Upvote 0
Going back a few posts about the Samsung Note and flexible screens. I would love to see it turn out like this Nexus concept.

Nexus_phone_concept_1-490x264.jpg

But I know it won't.

Speaking of Samsung, the Galaxy Note 10.1 unboxing today in NYC left me kind of disappointed. Still a good tablet, but the resolution eh

TS

Upvote 0
I'd actually consider a PS3 compatible Android phone!
Sony Announces Cross-Platform Gaming On PS Certified Devices, ASUS And Wikipad Newest PlayStation Mobile Partners

I rarely play games on my phone, but the thought of playing my ps3 games that are playable online (and connected through my ps account) is awesome!

I have often wondered about this. I know someone on xda had at one point hacked certification to work on any device but I have not taken the time to play with it.

Apparently, HTC signed on in June...but I don't see LTEvo mentioned:
PlayStation Mobile Coming to Select Android Devices | PCWorld

If LTEvo was compatible, it sure would get another + in my books.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I doubt it, but even if it did come to the USA and or Sprint carries such a thing, I wouldn't buy it.

For me, I'm not touching another Lenovo. After they took the Android Thinkpad tablet and locking up the bootloader, not supplying updates for it, and then making the tablet into a Windows one (thus no more Thinkpad Android tablet) they can kiss my butt.

TS

Reactions: drexappeal
Upvote 0
I doubt it, but even if it did come to the USA and or Sprint carries such a thing, I wouldn't buy it.

For me, I'm not touching another Lenovo. After they took the Android Thinkpad tablet and locking up the bootloader, not supplying updates for it, and then making the tablet into a Windows one (thus no more Thinkpad Android tablet) they can kiss my butt.

TS

Thanks for the info, ts. Funny thing is, in considering what tablet I decide to go with as my replacement for the Flyer that I sold back on the Best Buy Buy Back program, I'm actually considering the Microsoft Surface. The more I realized it, the Surface seems to suit my needs better for work purposes (of course, I have to see how the note taking accuracy is on that thing, prior to deciding). For me, it's a choice between the Surface and Note 10.1.

That said, I'm still curious about Lenovo in the phone world...not that I'd get it, but just curious.

Upvote 0
For those of you that have been considering the MoPho Q and happen to be Best Buy rewardszone members, you can pre-order through https://rewardzonemobile.com/
Here's the thing, it's affiliated with Best Buy, but not necessarily a "direct" link to Best Buy, so exchanges do seem to be a little more involved (in the event anything is wrong). I checked with a local store and they said they'd price match, if the stores list at $199

Oh yeah, the whole reason I'm mentioning this is, rewardzonemobile.com has the MoPho Q listed at $149.

Upvote 0
Speaking of rumor phones, check this mock up (and no its not that stupid mock up by Danny UY being posted all over the web today)

here is a preview,

Click on the image to take you to the actual compare page.

TS out

Thanks, TS...man, that thing is humongous. I'm still taking it into consideration, but every time I've gone into Best Buy the past couple days, I just didn't feel comfortable trying to hold the Note 1. If the Note 2 is really slightly narrower and thinner, that might help my comfortability factor.

The thoughts of the 64gb SGS 3 are running around in my head too...as well as the white LTEvo w/ the kickstand (which i honestly think I'll miss, if I decide not to get the LTEvo).

Upvote 0
For those of you that have been considering the MoPho Q and happen to be Best Buy rewardszone members, you can pre-order through https://rewardzonemobile.com/
Here's the thing, it's affiliated with Best Buy, but not necessarily a "direct" link to Best Buy, so exchanges do seem to be a little more involved (in the event anything is wrong). I checked with a local store and they said they'd price match, if the stores list at $199

Oh yeah, the whole reason I'm mentioning this is, rewardzonemobile.com has the MoPho Q listed at $149.

My brother was a blackberry dude and was looking to get the Photon Q. But he suprised me and went with the Galaxy S 3 instead.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones