• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Any New Phones with Removable Battery?

Looking at several new phones, it appears difficult to get a new phone (1-2 years old but new) and have removable battery without sacrificing virtually key specs RAM, storage, network compability, etc.
Can anyone suggest new phone that is on same level as Motorola G Power spec wise but still has a removable battery?

Kate,

Samsung Galaxy Xcover 5
Samsung Galaxy Xcover Pro
Motorola Moto E6s 2020
Motorola Moto E6 Plus
BLU G90
Archos Oxygen 63
Samsung Galaxy Xcover FieldPro

Several of these are what I found too, its disturbing they are forcing consumers into non-removable battery phones.
Blu phones I do not trust I had a Life One X2 and its got malware on it and of course the Blu suuport does nothing to get it off except suggest a worthless hard reset. I not sure Ill ever own Blu phone again they seem like a bad company.
Think the Motorola E6 plus looks good, only drawback is that it seems impossible to get phone that work on all carriers and also have a removable battery.
I may just go with an E6 plus but they are difficult to find I do not know why but only find them on shady Walmart or Ebay listings no one like Best Buy even sells them I did not think the E6 plus was that old.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yes im on GSM device now so I found used E6 plus i think going to try out. I've never had a Motorola phone before but heard they are good and it still looks like you can get extra batteries for it off ebay.
The Moto G power phone appears good and from my research it seems the 4 gb 64 g stoprage E6 plus is similar in alot of aspects to Moto G Power.
It looks like theres also Nokia 2.2 but its definitely not "new". But does have removable battery.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I never been an apple fan but I hear their products work good but you cant remove the battery also doesnt alot new phones you have to reprogram the phone to accept a replacement battery if the phone is not made to just remove the battery?
I just realized Motorola E6 plus does not have fast charging ah!
Its just not possible to get a phone with removable battery thats not over 200, has fast charging, 4 gb and 64 gbs storage, and also work with all 4 main carriers, this is ridiculous.

Upvote 0
IMO fast charging is overrated, and I would personally prefer to have the option of turning it off (other than finding an old charger, because it's rather convenient being able to use the same charger for laptop, tablet, phone and camera).

I'm not sure you can really blame Apple though: Android manufacturers shifted to sealed units about 4-6 years after Apple started that way, and most consumers bought them without protest. Let's not forget that reviewers would constantly criticised the Galaxy S series for "creaky", "non-premium" backs before they made them non-removable too (these are the same morons who claim anything other than glass "doesn't feel premium"...).

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Lets stay focused anyone else find any phones with removable battery that arent junk?
For example
Galaxy XCover Pro 64GB

This is marketed as a work phone being on job site and being able change battery and not have to recharge it. THis phone has to have some competitors or is Samsung just going to have this part of the market all to themselves, just seems unlikely.

Upvote 0
Kate,

Samsung Galaxy Xcover 5
Samsung Galaxy Xcover Pro
Motorola Moto E6s 2020
Motorola Moto E6 Plus
BLU G90
Archos Oxygen 63
Samsung Galaxy Xcover FieldPro

Several of these are what I found too, its disturbing they are forcing consumers into non-removable battery phones.
Blu phones I do not trust I had a Life One X2 and its got malware on it and of course the Blu suuport does nothing to get it off except suggest a worthless hard reset. I not sure Ill ever own Blu phone again they seem like a bad company.
Think the Motorola E6 plus looks good, only drawback is that it seems impossible to get phone that work on all carriers and also have a removable battery.
I may just go with an E6 plus but they are difficult to find I do not know why but only find them on shady Walmart or Ebay listings no one like Best Buy even sells them I did not think the E6 plus was that old.

Is there any multi-camera phone with replaceable battery? As a compromise, I would consider a single-camera Google Pixel 3. Unfortunately, the battery is not replaceable.
The EU may force makers of smartphones, tablets and wireless earphones to use easily replaceable batteries with their devices.According to the Dutch newspaper Het Financieele Dagblad, which obtained a draft of the EU's plans, the EU's executive arm – the European Commission – is drafting a proposal to force vendors to do this.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones