• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root any new ROM's based on DK28?

Oh no.. I went and looked at the thread Kelmar posted and I am instantly confused. I have no idea how to install DK17 modems and all that. Would that even work since i'm updated to DK28? I want to do a successful root but I have no idea where to start. Any advice Kelmar?
You are on DK28 already, right? If so, ignore any of the ones that say DK17. Root it using the one click method (or the rooted odin files that ACS released) then pick your ROM of choice. :)

Upvote 0
You are on DK28 already, right? If so, ignore any of the ones that say DK17. Root it using the one click method (or the rooted odin files that ACS released) then pick your ROM of choice. :)

I fixed the problem. Turns out, I needed to run the One-Click Root again after I updated to 2.2. Root Explorer and Wireless Tethering works fine now. Thanks Kelmar!

Upvote 0
The modem is a file that you need to push to your phone through Odin if you decide to root and install a dk28 ROM.

Alternatively, if you already installed the leaked update.zip and rooted AFTER doing the update.zip, you'll already have the DK28 modem.

If you hit Menu>Settings>About Phone and scroll down to Baseband Version, the last 4 letter/numbers would be DK28.

Upvote 0
True Story!!! Root = Total Win!!!

um, I don't know! i just clicked and saved the quantum 2.7.0 zip file to the front of the sd card and some of the add ons posted there as well. I didn't mess with any kernels nor do I know about the ext4 mod. please feel free to school me on this!
the build number says v2.7.0.dk28-ext4

Upvote 0
so the ext4 is done by using clockworkmod 3.0 as the recovery. So far it's okay. Does the Quantum rom make your GPS jumpy? I tried using maps just to see what works, and the maps location on me was jumpy at best the 5 or so minutes I used it. Also when it comes to the clockworkmod, it won't let me use any of the apps (samsung widgits/apps, hulu) that are compatible with the quantum 2.7.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones