• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Any News about 2.1 for CLIQ??

:thinking: OK...since I'm new to this whole android/smart phone thing. How do I install the new OS when it comes out? Is it through USB on my PC? Or the market? :thinking:

It'll most likely be an OTA (Over The Air) update. When Motorola begins rolling out the update, you will get a notification on your phone asking you to update the OS. All you have to do is click install update and let it update.

Before you do click update, though, make sure you have enough bettery to go through the update, or that it is charging. If not, and your phones shuts off during the update, it can brick your phone.

Reactions: rachelm920
Upvote 0
A friend of mine, who happens to have a cliq, made a support call to moto the other day. My friend said the technician told him that there were NOT going to be any more updates to the cliq. I sure hope that technician is wrong.

Motorola posted the timelines for the Cliq on their website (See above)... No offense but I am going with what Motorola announced over any technician, "friend of friend told me" and rumors that you overheard...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones