• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Any news about 4.4 ???

Just got the update.

What exactly is the difference? Only thing I noticed different is white color scheme and different status icons..

Wasn't there suppose to be new wallpaper and stuff?

Many of 4.4s changes are under the hood. Things that really improve battery life when listening to music or on WiFi.

Coupled with that is the Google experience launcher

Upvote 0
Ran into first bug.

'Remove' won't disappear, and Android launcher stopped unexpectedly.

Attachments

• 1385099146543.jpg
    1385099146543.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 58
Upvote 0
Ran into first bug.

'Remove' won't disappear, and Android launcher stopped unexpectedly.

That looks like the launcher crashed while removing the icon. Has this happened repeatedly? I may never see this as I am digging on the Nova launcher right now, paid version......... :smokingsomb:

Attachments

• nova.jpg
    nova.jpg
    297 KB · Views: 60
Upvote 0
Assuming you are still stuck do a soft battery shut down and try another power up........

I got the 4.4 OTA update last night. Accepted it. LIttle green android reported installing. then NExus 10 booted, after a minute or so my little green android bot came up.. laying down, guts open and the words "error" and I'm stuck there. just stuck. power downs didnt help. soft reset (power/volume up... then select reset) nothing helps. the OTA just hosed the device up. and I had plenty of battery

Upvote 0
I got the 4.4 OTA update last night. Accepted it. LIttle green android reported installing. then NExus 10 booted, after a minute or so my little green android bot came up.. laying down, guts open and the words "error" and I'm stuck there. just stuck. power downs didnt help. soft reset (power/volume up... then select reset) nothing helps. the OTA just hosed the device up. and I had plenty of battery

Try flashing the factory image, should clear things right up.

Upvote 0
Don't have my nexus 10 here. But a couple thoughts come to mind.

1) factory image probably means data since last TB PRO backup is lost right?

2) I used wugfresh to root. Can I user that to help?

Basically not sure how to put factory image back on.

Wugs can be used to flash the factory image, though I'm not sure if it's been updated to look for the 4.4 images yet. Flashing a factory image will wipe the device completely clean, so your backs will get cleared out.

Upvote 0
I turned on my Nexus 10 at 1 am this morning and there was the update to KIT KAT ready and waiting . The update only took about 5 minutes to download , so far the only change I can see straightaway was the SETTINGS icon had changed to a COG, but I will investigate more this afternoon.

Also the settings page is no longer two piece but single like that of a phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones