• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Any note 4 buyers now tempted by the 6 plus

As title says have any of you awaiting Note 4 buyers been tempted with the Apple iPhone 6 plus.
I for one have thought about it a few times but spec wise it's just no way near the Sammy Note 4.
No mention of any dates here in the UK and I'm frustrated by the long wait of not even been able to pre order.

I thought about it, but don't know if I'll really make that leap.
One of my major pet peeves with the iPhone was always its super tiny screen.

Upvote 0
OP. It seems to me that you're basing your decision entirely on what may be available first as you admit that you feel that, in terms of specs, the iPhone 6 is nowhere near the Note 4. My question is, why wouldn't you wait a few weeks rather than settle for what you feel is likely to be second best?

In simplistic terms, if a stylus isn't important to you then get the iPhone, if it is then you don't have long to wait.

Upvote 0
I'm more interested in how well it will sell and how many Apple fanboys might complain about the size. Remember when the first Note came out? LOL.

Me, I don't plan on getting either. My Note 2 is still chugging along just fine despite its little quirks now and then. I might try my hand on Windows Phone just to see how it is. Or maybe just sit and wait for 64-bit L to come along. Choices, choices, choices... :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
I've pre ordered both 6+ and Note 4.

Hands on comparison for personal use? If so I hope you write a thread about it. Will one go back?

For me really iPhone is out because my wife has a 5 and its needed repair after repair. Battery; although that might have been her abusive charging habits (constantly let it go red and die), volume switch, power switch and headphone jack all sketched.

And on the other hand I have heard issues with reception with Samsung phones. That could be a deal breaker for me as I work in paper mills and I need a strong reliable signal.

Upvote 0
Whatever the case, prepare for the sickening tone of iPhone love by the media and reviews. Mainly the 5.5 version. Surprised they did not go the 1080p route with the 4.7" model too, but perhaps banking on price segment differentiation. The 4.7 and 1080p with the display tech used would have forced a higher price and less price point differentiation from the 5.5".

Apple appears to be cattle prodding the higher spending customer segments to the 5.5", which means mo' money since they purchase mo' content and cloud use.

Upvote 0
Nope, if anything, the 6 Plus crappy specs made me want the Note 4 more :)

Personal preference, but seems a great 1080p display (better for battery and performance) and the A8 would be a much better overall option. A little smaller too :)

Cloudy dream anyway, since ain't happening :) ..... :( ;)

I hope Apple releases an iPod with the A8 :), but my bet is the A7 will be used if they even bother with a new iPod. My guess though is a 4.7" iPod with A7 and 128GB option. Not too shabby considering the A7 cpu blows the 805 away. CPU- not the GPU.

Upvote 0
Nope, if anything, the 6 Plus crappy specs made me want the Note 4 more :)

Windows Phone (to use a third party) has practically proven that Specs are a worthless method by which to measure the worth or quality of a phone or a phone's performance/user experience. It runs better on a Snapdragon S4 SoC with 1GB RAM than Android does on a Snapdragon 800 with 3GB RAM, and with greater efficiency.

Reactions: mumfoau
Upvote 0
Personal preference, but seems a great 1080p display (better for battery and performance) and the A8 would be a much better overall option. A little smaller too :)

Cloudy dream anyway, since ain't happening :) ..... :( ;)

I hope Apple releases an iPod with the A8 :), but my bet is the A7 will be used if they even bother with a new iPod. My guess though is a 4.7" iPod with A7 and 128GB option. Not too shabby considering the A7 cpu blows the 805 away. CPU- not the GPU.

1080p 5.7" display is already perfectly sharp at normal viewing distance for a phone (about 10 inches) with 20/20 vision. With worse vision, you can probably move in closer and it will still be perfectly sharp.

Adding more pixels is only for boasts. It has really no practical benefit over a 1080p panel, but makes a phone that has more efficient radios and SoC get barely more battery life than the older phone with the 1080p panel (N4 is only rated for about a 6.5% increase in battery life).

With a 1080p Panel the Note 4 would probably get Droid Maxx-level battery life. I'd give up the useless resolution increase for that kind of power boost.

But that's just me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones