• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Any one check out that pancake 0.1 ROM?

How has this Rom been on your battery? I don't have Setcpu or overclock

My battery life is kind of good with this Rom IMHO. However, I'm not sure what speed is the phone sleeping that what I want to really know. I was using Setcpu 528/160 when I was using Fresh Rom to keep my battery life good.
I have been monitor battery for since yesterday. I know it might drain the battery fast by checking every 1 or so hrs. Plus every it check my hotmail and pop email every 1 hr. Here my timeline:
10:00 PM yesterday - 100%
8:30 AM today - 94% (today)
10:30 - 11:00 on the internet was at 92% down to 86%.
12:30 - 1:00 pm on the phone. 84%
1:30 - 2:00 PM . 82%
3:00 PM 80%
3:00 PM - 5:00 PM sleep 77%
5:00 PM - 6:00 PM Play card game on the phone. 70%.
6:00 PM - 9:30 PM sleep 67%
Not sure if that good number or not but for me I think is good.

Upvote 0
Has anyone come into the problem where google sync losses your password and can't sign back in to google sync? So my gmail, contacts, calendar are not working. Thanks in advance.

try going to menu/aplications/manage aplications and pick com.google.android.server, clear data/cache go back n try to re sync if im not wrong it will ask for PW and will re sync, good luck ;)

Upvote 0
FYI: To keep from making long posts with new ROMS. I will just post notifying that new rom is up, they will be posted on my blog. Looks like it's a good time to finally good use of it LOL. Chocmatic Blog.

Using your second version w sprint nav, loving it man, super slick and way fast along with amazing battery life. I finally found a Rom I will use until 2.1!

Upvote 0
Using your second version w sprint nav, loving it man, super slick and way fast along with amazing battery life. I finally found a Rom I will use until 2.1!

Thanks. I just posted two updates of my CMV02 ROM on my blog

Update 1 Includes:

Added Music Widget

Update 2 Includes:

Added Music Widget
Added Telenav
Added Wireless Tether 170pre2 (updated from 170pre1)

Removed Sprint Navigation

www.chocmatic.net

Upvote 0
Thanks. I just posted two updates of my CMV02 ROM on my blog

Update 1 Includes:

Added Music Widget

Update 2 Includes:

Added Music Widget
Added Telenav
Added Wireless Tether 170pre2 (updated from 170pre1)

Removed Sprint Navigation

www.chocmatic.net

Would I need to do a wipe before install? NOT that big of a deal, but I don't want to download all my apps again...I don't like to store them on my mirco card.

Upvote 0
Just a heads up, I've been running pancake now for a few days and loving it. I loaded the stock pancake ROM with all the Sprint Apps included. I then removed Nascar, Twitter and one other thing I can't think of. The speed and battery life has been good.

40 hrs of use so far and I'm down to 40%. This includes a few phone calls (not more than 5 mins long), web surfing, downloading a few documents to review, facebook, a half dozen text messages and several emails (gmail). In other words, not a great deal of heavy use - I'd say average to low.

No WiFi, bluetooth used only a few times and location services turned on. No GPS. I have no doubt I could make it the full 48 hours with life to spare.

Many thanks to bikcmp for this rom and everyone who's contributed to this forum as well as xda.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones