1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Any One Click Root Available?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Bizzy1, Jun 28, 2013.

1. Bizzy1

Bizzy1 Newbie

I am thinking about finally rooting my phone and looking for the best approach?

Also what are the chances of me bricking my phone? :rolleyes:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Doc

Doc Android Expert

Bizzy1 likes this.
  3. greg schmeg

greg schmeg Guest

What ROM are you interested in flashing to?

If u want stock rooted gc01 JB there is a one click for that. There are other stock TW one clicks too. Sprint versions. Other than stock ROMs, you'll pretty much have to install everything manually, which isn't a big deal. That's the best of my knowledge as far as one clicks go. Maybe someone else could shine some extra light on the subject.

Doc and Bizzy1 like this.
  4. oamilcar

oamilcar Android Enthusiast

If you only want to root your device than here is a one click root http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2130276
    If you're on ICS use Frodo exploit.
    If you're on JB use Aragorn exploit.

I can tell you that it does works.

LilBit and Bizzy1 like this.
  5. Bizzy1

Bizzy1 Newbie

Thanks Doc, Greg and Oamilcar.

Would it be possible to recover some (over 300 :() deleted photo after the root or will it overwrite the deleted photos?

Thanks.

6. exgenmeikoj

exgenmeikoj Android Enthusiast

Lol wtf?!

Um how did your photos get deleted in the first place. When I rooted I still had everything. Plz explain your steps for a better berifiing and also there might be a chance if your still rooted look for "undelete for root " it might help

Bizzy1 likes this.
  7. oamilcar

8. oamilcar

According to this post it's possible if you didn't take any more pics after deleting them.

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/digitalcameras/how-to-recover-deleted-photos-from-your-sd-card/1102
    Can't tell you if it works cuz I never try it.

I usually backup my internal and external sd card once or twice a month to my pc.

Good luck!

Doc and LilBit like this.
  9. Doc

Doc Android Expert

He did the GC01 that wipes everything instead of the one that just roots...:(

10. Codegerm

Codegerm Android Expert

Ouch, that is one reason I always backup stuff before doing anything to my phone like rooting or flashing.

Doc likes this.
  11. Doc

Doc Android Expert

This is probably my fault for not being around much the last week much to give him the correct directions, sorry man, hopefully you can recovery your photos........

12. exgenmeikoj

exgenmeikoj Android Enthusiast

Oh yea, the full wipe. Should of did the nodata ): I'm sorry bro I feel your pain I've list many many things on my phone like that.

Doc likes this.
  13. Codegerm

Codegerm Android Expert

When coming to JB from ICS the first time, I did the full restore because I knew the phone partitioning had changed. I just backed up all my data (photos etc) before doing it.

Doc likes this.
  14. Bizzy1

Bizzy1 Newbie

Thanks....does this come with instructions? How does I perform this one click root?

How do I backup my internal and external sd card to my pc?

Sorry for the questions?

15. Doc

Doc Android Expert

Ok here is the simplest way to root your phone, its stock and you will not lose any data, but I would suggest backing up your stuff, I would make a folder on your computer and move anything over to it just in case.

Ok here is a video on how to root

And here is the file you will need to root:

http://www.rwilco12.com/Files/Devices/Samsung%20Galaxy%20S2%20%28Sprint%29%20%28SPH-D710%29/Stock%20ROMs/JB/GB27/No%20Data%20Restore/Rooted/SPH-D710_GB27_1014481_Rooted_Nodata.exe

Just follow the instructions in the video........

:D

Bizzy1 likes this.
  16. Bizzy1

Bizzy1 Newbie

Thanks for the help everyone..

one question is it normal for everything to say Sprint instead of Boost Mobile now?

17. Doc

Doc Android Expert

Yes that's normal man, sounds like your rooted sir..........;)

Now what you can do is delete all the bloatware that you don't need and your good to go.....

Bizzy1 likes this.
  18. greg schmeg

greg schmeg Guest

You'll have to change your MMS settings if ur on gb27, a sprint ROM.

Bizzy1 and Doc like this.

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews