• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Any one else in boston area? getting 4G

Gah, im still getting the Scanning -> Network Found - > Connecting -> disconnected problem downtown.

As soon as it connects to a tower it tries to get an IP, and it gets rejected, and disconnects.

I should try to find a retailer that has a demo unit to see if it can connect to pinpoint if its just my phone thats angry.

Upvote 0
I see people in Framingham getting 4G. Does anyone know what sprint considers Boston when they finally finish building out the 4G system for Boston?

Framingham is beyond 128 so it can't just be 128 and inside 128. Will it go all the way out to 495?

Initially I though it would only be downtown boston, but obviously it is much more than that.

I have my 4G signal back in Needham - 3.5 down an 1 up if I put the phone by my west facing window.

Upvote 0
I see people in Framingham getting 4G. Does anyone know what sprint considers Boston when they finally finish building out the 4G system for Boston?

Framingham is beyond 128 so it can't just be 128 and inside 128. Will it go all the way out to 495?

Initially I though it would only be downtown boston, but obviously it is much more than that.

I have my 4G signal back in Needham - 3.5 down an 1 up if I put the phone by my west facing window.

I had heard the initial launch would be boston to 128, and then 495 by the end of the year. Maybe they will go to 495 in the initial launch.

Upvote 0
TMobile uses HSPA+ which, depending who you ask, is supposed to be 3X faster than Sprint's WiMax.

to add my .02 to the Boston area 4G debate: i have had the EVO for about a month but never tried 4G since it wasn't supposed to be in the area. i just tried 4G for the first time after updating to Froyo on a whim, with honestly no idea this thread existed until i googled Boston 4G

in a concrete condo somewhere on the South Shore, i'm showing a fluctuation between 2/1 bars of 4G and 3G.

so, it's definitely here in some capacity.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones