1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

any one have stock back up of lg marquee

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rhodes2013, Aug 24, 2013.

1. rhodes2013

rhodes2013 Newbie

im looking for a stock back up so i can restore the recovery back to factory for flashing radio files

2. tombob

tombob Well-Known Member

3. BRAINZ2013

BRAINZ2013 Extreme Android User

Hello and welcome to the forums. You can get a full updated stock from this site and guess what:eek::screwy::D its a lg page just download the drivers and go into the dropdown and select upgrade recovery and you will be on your way to a full stock like it was just taken out of the box

http://www.lg.com/us/support/mobile-support

tombob likes this.
  4. rhodes2013

rhodes2013 Newbie

lg site dosnt show no software for the marquee,only drivers

5. BRAINZ2013

Wow i tried it and it works. You have to enter this in the search box

6. wetbiker7

wetbiker7 Extreme Android User

Radio files? If referring to the prl, all you need it a stock based ROM such as Megatron or Marky Beats. Either one of these ROMs will allow you to manually change the prl. All you need is the DFS software.

The download from LG mentioned above sounds interesting too. I just wouldn't want to go back through the entire rooting process which is exactly what you would do if you went that route. :D

The Marquee wasn't the easiest device I've ever rooted. That's for sure. The timing ended up being a major hurdle for many. Thankfully, It only took a few tries for me.

7. rhodes2013

rhodes2013 Newbie

would the wrong prl nay unknown baseband.I was trying to flash

Attached Files:

8. wetbiker7

No. It would not.

I would try flashing the basebands Bloodawn made for us.

If what BRAINZ is talking about actually does what I think it does, It will restore it back to complete STOCK, recovery and all. This is the 1st I've heard about it so I would talk more with him if you actually are trying to get it back to COMPLETE STOCK minus CWM and all. The only reason I would even attempt doing this is if you are planning on sending the phone back to the factory. If you plan on keeping the phone and follow his suggestion then you will have to go through the entire rooting process again.

If you are planning on keeping the phone and want to get it back to rooted stock, use CWM and flash Bloodawn's rooted stock ROM. If you still have no baseband, flash the baseband too. That will put you back to rooted stock and hopefully with a baseband.

Here is the thread with the flashable basebands Bloodawn made for us.
    Stock Rooted ROMs/Basebands/Recoveries-
    http://androidforums.com/marquee-al...-zvc-zv4-basebands-cwm-5-0-2-8-6-0-1-2-a.html

BEST OF LUCK. PLEASE LET US KNOW IF IT FIXES YOUR PROBLEM. :D

9. Phrant1c

Phrant1c Android Enthusiast

Not sure which version of cwm you are using, but keep in mind cwm touch won't allow you to flash basebands. You will need to revert back to the regular cwm.

wetbiker7 likes this.
  10. bpaulien

bpaulien Well-Known Member

Dont forget this method, which bypasses all the pain of the old way of getting root...

http://androidforums.com/marquee-al...t-lg-marque-based-zv4-update.html#post5675466

wetbiker7 likes this.
  11. rhodes2013

rhodes2013 Newbie

getting back to stock and getting the radio working is what im intending to do.Hope it fixes the radio to.i dont have touch cwm,think it is 5.0 or something but it doesnt eem to b flashing basebands.think the radio could be bricked but im hoping for a complet restoral

12. BRAINZ2013

See if you can get the radio and data from using this code hit the phone dialer and hit *#*#4636#*#*
    When this opens up select your ril setting if is lte/gsm
    And at the bottom of device hit the menu button an hit enable data in the bottom right corner . Post back if it works

13. wetbiker7

GREAT POINT Phrant1c. I didn't even consider he may be using CWM touch. Thanks!

Seriously though rhodes2013, why not just be done with it and flash one of Bloodawn's rooted ROMs and then flash a baseband? EVERYTHING YOU NEED IS IN THIS THREAD. Why keep troubleshooting. You could have already flashed a stock rooted ROM, baseband, and new recovery if needed. Might not hurt just to go ahead and try reflashing the recovery anyways.

http://androidforums.com/marquee-al...-zvc-zv4-basebands-cwm-5-0-2-8-6-0-1-2-a.html

If it's not working after using the zips in the thread then your phone is probably shot. ;)

True and thanks. Still, if he's got CWM he can just flash a stock rooted ROM, baseband, etc. . With that thread that Blood created, it's a pretty much all in one fix it thread for resetting everything w/o going completely stock. Also, the only way I would even consider going back completely stock, recovery and all is if it were going back to the factory.

The root method 1234west posted is def the sh*t though. That KDZ was a pain for many people. I got lucky and only had to try a few times to get the timing. Oh forgetting to turn on the enabler didn't help either. THANKS FOR THE REMINDER MONSTER! lmao

EDIT: Man, it seems like it was ages ago that most of us had to go through all of that stuff.

14. rhodes2013

rhodes2013 Newbie

thanks for the help.ill try it after work.Teach me for ordering a phone off ebay that said bad esn.Iv flashed phones but only samsung galaxy.Didnt think lg would have been such a problem

15. rhodes2013

rhodes2013 Newbie

no didnt work,It is set to unknown,i cant click cdma,gsm or anything

16. rhodes2013

rhodes2013 Newbie

going to that site i realized i tried those.When i up date base band it goes in to software update mode,seems to hang for a couple minutes the just reboots.IM starting to thing the radio is toast cause dfs or any other mentioned program will not connect.I have the drivers loaded and it does show up in device mannager but thats it

17. rhodes2013

rhodes2013 Newbie

thats the reasone i was wanting to try someone back up without data and important stuff.figured the back up contained the radio image and recovery image

18. wetbiker7

Updating the baseband usually takes a few minutes with phones anyhow. If yours is freezing, then rebooting and no baseband is being shown, that does not sound good at all.

Man, I would try flashing both the Sprint version AND the Boost version of basebands.

If you can do all that and the phone still won't show a baseband.... I do believe that your phone has seen its last radio signals my friend. :(

You can always use it as a wifi phone and an mp3 player! :D

19. rhodes2013

rhodes2013 Newbie

thanks loli have tried both basebands though.i think the partition that hold the baseband is probably gone

20. wetbiker7

Man, that bites! I hope that's not the problem but the more I read, the more i think it's something serious like that.

LG Marquee Forum

The LG Marquee release date was October 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, processor, and 1500mAh battery.

October 2011
Release Date
Reviews