• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Any one having a problem with missed calls

KBent

Feb 18, 2011
People keep telling me they are trying to call me but ater three rings or so it goes to voice mail. If they don't leave me a voice mail, I don't show a missed call, and if I check call history, there is no recored of the missed call.

This just started happening about three weeks ago. I'm with AT&T.

I have always had this issue with cell phones, and with my HOX no more or less often than with my old iPhone. I always thought of it as a function of the cell towers. The way it was explained to me was that the cell towers were set up thus that if the one servicing your phone is overloaded when a call comes through, it gets sent straight to voicemail to ease the burden on the cell tower. But I am not sure if this is the same issue everyone else is reporting, because not getting calls is only a (very) sporadic thing for me.

Upvote 0
Happened to my HOXL in Aus also.

I only fixed it they factory data reset - I left it for a few weeks to see if it sorted itself, but only a full reset fixed it.

Same issue with both ICS and JB.

Spoke with HTC Tech Support. They advised the same resolution but didn't know the cause.

I already did a factory reset, and it's still happening.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones