1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Any one use the HTC "Scenes"?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dylando808, Mar 10, 2011.

1. dylando808

dylando808 Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 12, 2011
    Hawaii, USA
    just wondering because a couple of my friends have HTC phones and they say that they don't change scenes at all. they just customize the heck outta one scene and just use that one.

i actually use the scenes but only for work and at home. i haven't found other occasions to use more Scenes.

Home: Live wallpaper/favorite apps on front screen/media widgets

Work: Static Wallpaper/News Feed Widgets/battery saving related features

so back to the original question

Do you use Scenes and what for?

Advertisement

2. LittleAnt

LittleAnt Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 23, 2011
    Aerospace Engineer
    Los Angeles, CA
    I was just playing around with these today. The thing that i don't like with the scenes, is that once you have painstaikingly over a couple of weeks figured out which app shortcuts & widgets you want on your phone, you'll have to do it again for a new scene! It really doesn't make sense. (pun intended). I think the scene feature is totally un-necesary. You can do the same thing via other methods.
    It's kind of like the "HTC hub." You click on the app and see all the different things (skins, wallpaper, sounds, etc) HTC has available. But why bother when in the Personalize menu, for each item there's a "get more" link right at the top that takes you to the exact same place. Very redundant.

3. dylando808

None

Feb 12, 2011
    Hawaii, USA
    lol i agree. HTC should have a feature where you can copy entire scenes so you can make new scenes while keeping your page layouts.
    although i agree that the Scenes are a bit gimmicky at the moment with little practical use they have some potential if they allow even more customization of Scenes. (i.e different settings for different scenes)

4. Bnice

Bnice Guest
    None
    I like scenes and you are making sound more difficult when it really is not.

5. dylando808

None

Feb 12, 2011
    Hawaii, USA
    bump :)
    interested to see who else uses scenes

6. Ferrari353

Ferrari353 Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 6, 2011
    Student
    California
    yeah that would be way better, like a work scene that has the ringer on silent/vibrate and maybe other settings (like auto-sync off, WiFi off if you don't have WiFi where you work, etc) and then a home scene with ringer on, WiFi on, auto-sync on, etc)
    Currently, I don't use them though.

7. J_Droid23

J_Droid23 Member
    None

Apr 12, 2011
    Radio
    I haven't messed with the different scenes yet. I'm still setting up my screens a week after getting the phone lol. I'll probably start messing with the scenes sometime next week.

8. shawn1224

shawn1224 Ex CEO-DNPSEA foundation
    None

Dec 10, 2009
    Male
    Houston, TX
    Never used it, just like the rest of the sheep I customize the hell out of 1 scene and roll with it.

9. incredigal

incredigal Lurker
    None

May 14, 2011
    I use them for special cases, and its more just to re-arrange things I already have on my home screen just to make them a tad easier to find. For example trips where I'm meeting up with a group of friends, I may put some travel widgets on the scene, and a contact widget with a group created for the peeps I'm meeting, so their specific contact info is handy. Also navigation shortcuts for hotels, restaurants, etc that I'm staying at or want to go to while there, so I can access them quickly. Also will remove some widgets I won't need, like the stock market widget, since I won't use it much during a weekend trip (markets closed). When I'm done with the trip I can go back to my regular scene. Its all simple enough to do from your main scene, but I find it handy to do it this way.

10. Frannieland

Frannieland Lurker
    None

Feb 23, 2011
    I do not use the scenes. I tried to make custom scenes but didn't really feel they were useful. I would prefer the ability to save a page for later use.