Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by CeePeeBee, Jun 24, 2010.
Oh really. OK - I have updated manually anyway since the file was posted.
Unfortuantely Checkin brings up a black square with an exclaimation mark with success written on the notification bar, however the N1 doesn't prompt for any update to be downloaded. I suppose Google will just trickle it down to everyone else when the IMEI numbers go through the servers.
Oh my God! What on Earth did you do to your poor liccle phone?!
I all but bricked it
Not sure how, rooted OK and then all working OK but then after a day or two I couldn't do anything to get a signal...
Ahhh, that right there is the reason I don't like fiddling with my phone. Bad luck
My phone just OTA updated itself. I'm in the UK with a Nexus bought directly from Google and on T-mobile.
I'd also already updated to FR85b. I thought that was final!
I've not bothered participating till now, as it gets boring reading about people who've not received their OTA yet.
However, looks like there might be a pattern developing... Has anyone on Vodafone received their OTA yet? If so, did you buy direct from Google (i.e. just using a Vf SIM) or through a Vf store?
Fortunately it wasn't too bad. Cost me around
...I don't see a pattern. I see me with a stock phone direct from Google, bought in January, and no update. I think they get spat at phones randomly. I'm not even entirely sure it should matter whether you bought through Vodafone... I was under the impression the N1 was the N1, with no carrier added nasty bits.
No OTA for me as yet.
Google sourced in March
No OTA 4 me:
On 3, Google-shipped from USofA 3rd Feb...
However, good to hear it's started...
Lodger (Grrr... & a right A***e fanboi is coming for lunch tomorrow...)
Yeah mine was sourced in early feb and still nothing, makes me wonder how Google are pushing out the updates.
Every time you use *#*#checkin#*#* you get pushed back 10 places in the queue. I'm guessing I'm near enough at the end of the queue
Hehe I guess we better stop using checkin then! At this rate we might get Froyo by end of July?!
As long as my boyfriend, who bought a Desire a couple of weeks ago, doesn't get it before me, I'll be happy.
Who am I kidding. If it's not here by Sunday I'm doing it manually.
Unfortunately for Voda customers, it does. Their handsets are EPF21B or EPF30 and do not have an upgrade path. I use their forum a lot and a fair few customers are few up and have been unlocking and moving the 'proper' firmware.
'Bout freaking time
Right. I'm not doing it just because you said that. Way to ruin my Android experience....
Probably a stupid question that I've missed the answer to already, but does rooting and manually updating the firmware wipe everything on the phone? For example, will I have to set up email, install apps again, lose SMS messages, call logs etc?
Unlocking your bootloader does indeed wipe your phone. However a manual firmware update doesn't need the phone to be unlocked, and doesn't lose any data.
Ner ner na ner ner
Ah ok. I'm one of the lucky punters on Vodafone with the EPF30 build and wanted to get on Froyo.
To upgrade, would I need to unlock the bootloader?
Apologies for the basic questions, I've just come over to Android after being a Windows Mobile user for the last few years and frequently updating the ROM on my device and it's all a bit new for me...
Not true unfortunately, I bought mine directly from Google in January and have since manually updated to FRF85B, I've still not received the FRF91 OTA yet.
Poo! Yes, unfortunately you have to unlock the bootloader, thus wiping your phone.
Now I need to decide. Do I see how long it takes Vodafone and then see what they've actually done with the ROM, or do I unlock and risk the warranty...?
If I unlock and upgrade the ROM, will I then be excluded from Vodafone ROM's and part of the official Google OTA update club instead?
Yes you will, unless you decide to go the full 9 yards and move to custom ROMs.
Thanks Rusty. I don't think I'll go down the custom ROMs route, as it'll take up fair too much of my time playing around and trying all different ROMs. Well, this is my experience from Win Mo and don't think I'll be able to drop the bug here
Now I need to decide what route to take... Grrr... I know I should wait, but I'm impatient and don't like being dictated to by the network provider