Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by iamloco724, Dec 3, 2009.
besides k9 are there any other alternate email apps out there?
There are a few for Exchange, some may support IMAP and POP3. But dedicated POP3, not much other than using the GMail app. and importing your message store up to google.
I am looking for a better app. K9 is alright and definately better than the building app but still lots to be desired.
Couple things I don't like about K9:
1) Read messages don't seem to stay marked as read.
2) No delete confirmation! (Very bad, I have accidentally hit the delete instead of Reply.
3) Doesn't consistantly poll the server for messages. When I force it to it redownloads the 25 latest emails.
Those are just a few of the important ones.
I use Touchdown for my Exchange. That is a great app!! If only it supported IMAP.
Check your settings. All your issues are based on configuration.
1) Change you your action on the phone affects messages on the server
2) Notification on delete should be configurable
3) Check your folders' "Class" settings, then check you Class' "sync" settings.
Also, make sure you're not using the "BETA" version of K-9.