• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Any (Physical) Problems With Your Evos?

Yes, every phone samsung has ever made has been absolutely perfect.

Seriously HTC is garbage. I'm sorry if that hurts your feelings enough to ask dumb questions, but its true. Light leakage was all over the tech news and forums for the EVO. HTC knew without a doubt it was a major problem. Look at the Thunderbolt threads - same shit, in fact probably worse.. I can see it in google images thumbnails...
Well, I'm glad we can have an open mind about things..... :rolleyes: You talk shit but really all I hear is solid bias. Did the white robed guys at HTC probe you while you slept or something? Sounds deep.

My Evo, too, is also getting jealous. She knows that I'm starting to look at other phones, so all the problems are all going away now, to keep me from leaving her.

Your probably the 5th person I've heard/read say that today.

Upvote 0
You guys are like totally right! I mean, if you have THREE PHONES that don't have problems, HTC must be the best phone manufacturer on the planet, no, in the universe.

Light leakage/glass separation

Anyone else NOT having light leakage by the capacitive buttons? - Android Forums

http://androidforums.com/htc-evo-4g/105952-response-htc-about-light-leakage-2.html

HTC EVO 4G Problems: Glass separation and light leakage - SlipperyBrick.com

Fix enroute for EVO 4G screen sensitivity concern, problem with glass separation is minor - Phone Arena

HTC EVO suffering from glass separation issues? -- Engadget

HTC EVO 4G Problems: Glass Separation and Light Leakage : Product Reviews Net

HTC Evo 4G problems pile up | VentureBeat

Power button cracks -
HTC EVO 4G Users Report Power Button Crack Issue - Softpedia

A Concerning Amount of EVO Users Report Power Button Crack | xda-developers

HTC EVO 4G Problems: Power Button Area Cracking? : Product Reviews Net

Power Button CRACK? Check your phone!! - Android Forums

USB ports

HTC EVO 4G suffering occasional micro-USB port issues? -- Engadget

HTC Evo 4G - Broken micro USB port on phone - phone not charging

http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-sup...105948-power-port-already-broken-htc-evo.html

Stupid USB port is broken (no charge) - Android Forums

http://androidforums.com/htc-evo-4g/133559-broken-evo-charging-port-thread-lets-track-issue.html

EVO charging port - HTC EVO? 4G (Sprint) - Android Forums - HTC Community

... so find me a samsung or motorola phone with this many LENGTHY threads and tech news articles about major problems. Don't forget to find the polls of hundreds of people in the 30-40% range.

fanbois never cease to amaze...

Upvote 0
excellent points

Considering the EVO is the almost the most hyped and developed phone on the market and completely relevant after a full year .. yea, I can find problems on the internet all day. Actually I can do it for almost everything in the world. I deal with your type in an automotive dealership daily. Your completely biased and I'm not sure why. I'm not in here acting like my phone is the end all. It's a great design and build and like all phones has it's quirks. Atleast you've found something you like bc the truth is, to each his own.

Upvote 0
I upgraded from a Palm Pre, and have been happy (except for the lack of true multitasking) since day one. I have dropped the phone a few times, and still have none of the problems listed here. Even with a chip in the plastic next to the volume rocker, it works fine. The screen doesn't have a single scratch in it, and i am still amazed that it doesn't.

I do have one problem not listed though, after the last drop, it developed some horizontal lines across the top 1/4 inch of the screen, but with as long as it takes Best Buy to repair a phone, I am just living with it for now. :p

Sorry that everyone else seems to be having so many problems, I hope that eventually you guys will stop getting lemon phones.

Upvote 0
Considering the EVO is the almost the most hyped and developed phone on the market and completely relevant after a full year .. yea, I can find problems on the internet all day. Actually I can do it for almost everything in the world. I deal with your type in an automotive dealership daily. Your completely biased and I'm not sure why. I'm not in here acting like my phone is the end all. It's a great design and build and like all phones has it's quirks. Atleast you've found something you like bc the truth is, to each his own.

More good points.

If you can do it for everything in the world, find me as many lengthy threads, polls, and news reports for a samsung or motorola phone like I asked. Prove to me I'm biased. 40% is 40% whether its on 1000 units or a million.

PS - What's my type? Usually my type would be smart enough to never set foot back in a dealership after purchasing except for warranty work. Unless its to get those keystone OEM tires you've been raving about.

Upvote 0
I agree about the screen scratching easily..I have a few..The kickstand is sensitive,sometimes when i throw the phone on my bed from a short distance the kickstand comes out and then snaps right back in...I have light leakage on the bottom which is very little and i have a case on so i dont see it..I dont have any problems with the charging port although my husband does..It has to be put in the right spot to charge,although we have sprint insurance so were ok with that as we can just get it replaced which he is planning to do soon.

Other than that i am in love with my phone although id like to see and use the evo 3d and maybe upgrade.

Upvote 0
Hey guys, I had my Evo since launch and lately it's been resetting itself randomly (dunno if its something I installed or what, or rom I put on). I also have quite a bit of dust under my screen on the upper left hand side. Do you think they'll replace it? I"ve gone to a few Sprint stores before for other phones and some wouldn't even look at my phone cuz I didn't have insurance on it. Even tho I bought it online and it was acting weird.

Upvote 0
Hey guys, I had my Evo since launch and lately it's been resetting itself randomly (dunno if its something I installed or what, or rom I put on). I also have quite a bit of dust under my screen on the upper left hand side. Do you think they'll replace it? I"ve gone to a few Sprint stores before for other phones and some wouldn't even look at my phone cuz I didn't have insurance on it. Even tho I bought it online and it was acting weird.

They should do something for you, although that something might be sending it out to HTC. If it's under manufacturer's warranty (which is should be since a year hasn't yet passed since launch) it should be covered under that, at least the dust under the screen issue.

Upvote 0
As of couple of days ago.. my evo was perfect.. now my back speaker is blown not sure how? dont ever turn up my music!! and my power button does not want to wake up my phone or make it go to sleep... so its almost useless now!! so coming Monday im going to the sprint store to have them look at it.

Damn! Did you drop it or something?

Upvote 0
More good points.

If you can do it for everything in the world, find me as many lengthy threads, polls, and news reports for a samsung or motorola phone like I asked. Prove to me I'm biased. 40% is 40% whether its on 1000 units or a million.

PS - What's my type? Usually my type would be smart enough to never set foot back in a dealership after purchasing except for warranty work. Unless its to get those keystone OEM tires you've been raving about.

Haha I'm just going to end this on a positive point bc I'm laughing that someone still remembers that. BTW your right about your type; They wouldn't purchase a $5 air filter from me bc 'I'm out to steal their money at the dealership'

Upvote 0
Today I noticed a "chip" in the charge port (inside). There is a small sliver of red showing now (I have the black phone). Not terrible, but I hate when my products show wear :(

I think everyone does. Even if it's a little chip, I'm just irritated by it for the rest of the my life. :(

Upvote 0
More good points.

When Motorola or Samsung sells a phone that has a forum with 236,700 posts like the EVO then we can talk about quality. Minor issues with the phone isn't driving people away.

Upvote 0
When Motorola or Samsung sells a phone that has a forum with 236,700 posts like the EVO then we can talk about quality. Minor issues with the phone isn't driving people away.

... lol

Samsung the top selling Android phone brand in America

oh what's that? The captivate and droid have sold as many or more phones than the EVO? And their forums just aren't as big because they don't have thousands of threads about light leakge?

EVO light leakage site:androidforums.com - Google Search

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones