• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

any picasa slideshow app that can log in to an account?

AlanB1976

Jul 13, 2011
UK
Hey all.
I want to turn my tablet into a digital photo frame. Problem is firstly that i cannot find an app that can log into my picasa account (so i don't have to make them public) and that can make a slideshow from all my albums. All the ones I've seen can only slideshow from one album at a time.
Anyone know of one that can log in and slideshow all?
Thanks
Alan

Could have sworn that ICS anf JB galleries had that option (to sync Picasa Web albums) - but maybe it is only on the devices that I have.

When you go into Settings --> Accounts you should see your Google Account(s) - when you press the sync button, you should get a choice for many different Google services - Pictures (Picasa) should be one of them.

Then you'd simply need the app to randomly display the pictures as a continuous photo album, no?

Upvote 0
Thanks. Without a free trial I can't tell....Can the slideshow work between multiple albums? I have about 50 albums and want random photos from all of them.
Thanks again
P.s. quickpic doesn't do that. Thanks for the suggestion though

I have 20 albums and Picfolio is running a slideshow picking random pictures from all of them! You even have the option of downloading your pictures so there will be no lag. I've tried several apps, and this is hands down the most feature-rich picasa app. Together with Llama or Tasker you can do some cool stuff.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones