1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Any Powerfull Android phone with a keyboard coming ????

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by armymen, Feb 9, 2011.

1. armymen

armymen Newbie

hi
    im in canada, (BELL)

Is any phone powerfull at least over 1 GHz, i have the motorola Dext (Cliq) with only a small 500 something MHz. Very underpower.

So i wonder if there is any powerfull phone, with a real keyboard ? I hate screen keyboard, and i hate a lagging Phone, lol.

So any phone coming out soon ? Probably get a unlock phone, and dont realy care for the price.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Stuntman

Stuntman Android Expert

Have you considered the HTC Desire Z? It's processor may only be 800 MHz, but it is still a fast processor. It's faster than some 1GHz processors.

3. armymen

armymen Newbie

she look not bad, but did tough going from 600 mgh from the dext to a 800 mgh will have that much difference ?

4. Guamguy

Guamguy Android Expert

You can go with the Bell HTC Desire Z. Don't bother with the 800MHz rating; its about equal or faster than older phones with 1GHz processors.

A little technical here. Desire Z uses a processor that is superscalar. Dext still uses a processor that is scalar.

Scalar --- the fastest it can execute an instruction is a minimum of a clock cycle. Usually more. A clock cycle can be a single Hz.

Superscalar --- It can execute multiple instructions within a single clock cycle.

That's why phones with true superscalar processors are much faster than their clock speeds would suggest.

5. Joe Dirt

Joe Dirt Android Enthusiast

This is my G2(same as the Desire Z) overclocked to 1.5ghz. Even stock it was faster than all the phones on that benchmark. This is a great phone.

[​IMG]

6. armymen

armymen Newbie

About the Upcoming Htc Merge/Lexicon ?
    Compare to a HTC desire Z

7. Guamguy

Guamguy Android Expert

Same phone. HTC Merge is the Desire Z repackaged for CDMA. Its a variation of the same theme. The Shift EVO is another, also for CDMA.