1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Any problems loading game apk's after rooting V-SG2-4G?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Daviedog, Dec 21, 2012.

1. Daviedog

Daviedog Newbie

I seem to be having problems loading game APK's after rooting. Well, technically I never tried loading these particular APK's before rooting, so I'm not sure the rooting has anything to do with it. I Have only installed superuser 3.0 .7and titanium backup 5.7.3 . and haven't made any other major changes or modifications. The games are Cordy.apk and Cordy sky.apk. After trying to load, I get the "application not installed" error. Was thinking of reloading the stock rom And trying again, but first I wanted to see if anybody else was having problems like this or knew of a solutions. Anyone familiar with problems like this? Or wanna try loading these game apk's, and see if they can get them to load? :eek:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Daviedog

Daviedog Newbie

:eek: anyone? done some searching, but smartphone firmware and operating system are so specific. there's not much out there on this model yet. If anyone wants to give it a try and load some game Apk's, or even better the 2 that I listed. Then post there findings, would definitely remember and repay the help.

3. steeljack99

steeljack99 Well-Known Member

flash one of these and it should fix your APK installing problems

Agat Custom Kernel w/ Agat Recovery 0.6.8: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1767421

Kuban Kernel w/ Kuban Recovery 0.2.1: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1826190

the Agat one is the same kernel and recovery you have now only its updated and seems to have those issues ironed out. the 2nd one is different and comes with Kuban recovery, i personally like the Kubans kernel better, has many neat features and overclocking is possible with an app that can control the cpu values. (this kernel is what im running currently and it also has the apk issues fixed)

you can flash both of these through the Agats recovery you have now, just make sure you wipe the cache partition and the dalvik-cache before flashing :rolleyes:

Daviedog likes this.
  4. Daviedog

Daviedog Newbie

I was actually wondering about installing a newer revision of Agat a while back. Thanks, i'll give both a try then check the differences. Also, does anything need to be changed once installing these kernels? Particularly the kuban kernel? I had read somewhere that the radios didn't match up or work well being that they were made for the Epic Touch on Sprint network. Overclocking would definitely be a plus. How high can you raise it before noticing serious battery drainage?

5. steeljack99

steeljack99 Well-Known Member

actually i checked and both kernels are overclocked, both have ths same frequency scales on over clock apps, lowest being 25MHz and highest being 1600MHz (stock is 200Mhz and 1200Mhz) the advantage that Kuban has in this area is that is has a boat load more Governor choices, and as long as you arnt maxing the low and the highest frequency both to 1600MHz (you know...making the cpu stay at 1600MHz 24/7) it shouldn't cause damage to anything, but some say that 1500Mhz is a safer overclock for this phone, i tend do agree, cause if you set it to 1600MHz (or use an aggressive governor) the phone gets a bit....uh....warm :hmpf:. and i have had no problems out of Kuban regarding the Radios. the kuban kernal has many other neat features like gesture scripts but youll have to read on how to use em (i have a few set up)

Daviedog likes this.
  6. Daviedog

Daviedog Newbie

If anyone is having issues installing Apk's, the easiest way to get your apps installed on this phone (no matter the kernel) is to unMount SD card when getting "application not installed" then try again.

Worked for me lots of times on different kernels. :D

If it's a Google play communication problem you can always try lucky patcher.

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews