• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Any Reason to think Eris will be soon?

if they are in fact the same, then leakers will not get the OTA and we will not need to reflash...so it's a moot point.

what im saying is, i seriously doubt, seriously, that verizon would push the leak 2.1 build OTA with the few (some serious) issues it has...

In the history of every cell phone, computer game, or any piece of software for that matter, developers will rush crap out the door all the time. I'm not saying they'll leave it that way, but I would be shocked if they've had time to fix any of the issues in the leaked 2.1.

Upvote 0
What's the chance of us leaked 2.1 users not getting an update?

Has anyone who installed 2.1 NOT had an app update since the 2.1 install? On 1.5 I would get at least one update a week for an app I had. I have all of those apps on my 2.1 Eris now and have not had on update yet??

I find myself having to manually update, for the most part, by going to the Market, going to Downloads and then looking to see if any apps have updates.

They don't appear nearly as often on my notifications bar. I have noticed that. Not sure what the problem is, but it's nothing big, to me at least.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones