• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories any reason why my two bluetooth headphones work differently?

cabbie

Android Expert
Mar 23, 2010
The primary app I use these with is BeyondPod, for playing podcasts (to which I listen to a whole hell of a lot of). Also phone calls.

First I got the Motorola S305 Bluetooth Stereo Headset. I liked them and I could manipulate the playback controls on the headset more or less, in and out of apps.

Then, sold on the idea of BT headphones, I bought a nicer one: Sony DRBT21G/B Stereo Bluetooth Headset. Now it seems with these I can only control playback while beyondpod is fully opened. When im just on the home screen, control seems intermittent. Theres no control when another app is open.

What might be causing this? I'm actually willing to upgrade to a nicer pair of bluetooth headphones (first pair was around 30, the second was around 60) between the 90-100 dollar range so if anyone wants to suggest a pair of wrap-around, over-the-ear BT headphones I'd happily look into that.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones