• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Any reason why some email providers don't connect?

Chris1434

Lurker
Aug 11, 2010
Just got a HTC Hero, and I've been trying to set up the email provider with my Yahoo and btopenworld accounts. Basically, the system seems to have a problem, saying that "check username and password" for Yahoo, and "server not responding" for BT. Well, I do know my entry is correct, so I wondered whether (a) some servers don't link to my phone, or (b) I need to set a particular 'setting' some place.

Any suggestions?

Chris

Certainly for Yahoo I think you need a pro account to use POP but they have recently released their own Yahoo Mail app, you can find it in the market.

As for BT, 'Server not responding' means there is either an issue with the connection or the POP address you are using is not correct. I think this should be mail.btinternet.com for both POP and SMTP.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones