1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Any recommendations for non root android recovery

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by BloodBlade, Mar 26, 2019.

1. BloodBlade

BloodBlade Well-Known Member

Hi

I changed my lock screen password and I forgot it. Now it says unable to use fingerprints enter password. My phone is a boost mobile lg stylo 3. I called my local boost mobile store and they said to call boost mobile customer service and boost mobile said to call google so they could help with getting in thru my google account. I tried their number menu and I eventually was disconnected. Is there a good data recovery for android that doesn’t require root that I can use after factory reset? I ask cause I don’t think I have a google account that has my android data backup. If it’s recommended and doesn’t require root I’d be willing to pay for the full version. Can anyone please help. Thanks in advance.

Watashi_UE likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. mikedt

mikedt 你好

I don't think anyone can. The internal storage is AES256 encrypted, and if the phone is factory reset, the decryption key is erased, and any data is just white noise and unrecoverable, unless you got a supercomputer and 100,000 years to spare

There's no backdoors in, because that would defeat the purpose of putting a password on it in the first place.

3. BloodBlade

But isn’t there a way to recover data through google’s apps after factory reset?

Watashi_UE likes this.
  4. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Only if there's any data on Google's servers, in the cloud. But you said you didn't have a Google account that was linked to this phone?

Trying data recovery software on the phone itself after a factory reset and the decryption key erased, will not work. That's one of the premises of having securely encrypted storage. Any recovery software will just see digital white noise.

#4 mikedt, Mar 27, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2019
  5. BloodBlade

I wasn’t sure if I did and I don’t know how to find out to be sure.

I see all these data recovery apps for android but require root. Some claim u don’t need root. I looked and I don’t think my lg stylo 3 supports root.

6. BloodBlade

Oh ok. That’s unfortunate. Well can u tell me what to do to use google for recovery? Or a link. I checked and I do have a google account according to my password manager. I’m not positive it’s linked to my cell

7. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Let's hope it was your registration account because otherwise you're out of luck. First thing you want to do is log into your Google account from a PC. Since you have it in your password manager, I would assume you can login without resetting the password. If you can help it, don't reset the password because that creates additional problems when trying to access your phone.

Once logged in you will want to check gmail, contacts and photos. If they are there, then you can restore them if you reset your phone. You will lose your text messages, unless you specifically backed them up off the phone.

8. codesplice

codesplice Elite Recognized Moderator

Once you've got access to your Google account, you can check to see if there are any device backups at https://drive.google.com/drive/backups. If so, they'll be available to restore your apps and data when you set up the phone again.

I wouldn't waste any time on any Android recovery software. They're ineffective (at best) and outright scams (at worst - and, if I'm honest, that's the case for most of them). Like @mikedt said, all of the data on the phone is encrypted specifically to avoid an unauthorized user from gaining access to your personal data - and at this point, you are that unauthorized user.

9. svim

svim Extreme Android User

Whether you're phone was rooted or not rooted is irrelevant when it comes to trying to bypass its lock screen. Even if it was rooted, that wouldn't allow you to bypass the lock screen anyway.
    But the bottom line is if you're not even sure that your own Google account is what is used as the authenticating Google account on this phone, who does this phone belong to? If you log into your Google account on computer, is this phone listed in your device manager?
    https://www.google.com/android/find?u=0

BloodBlade and codesplice like this.
  10. BloodBlade

Hey guys. Thanks for the help so far. The LG stylo 3 is my phone and that’s what turned up at that link. I was able to turn off 2step verification so I was able to get into my gmail accounts on my computer. I did a google back up of photos contacts and so far on the google + or drive. Anyway now that I have that backed up am I ready to do that factory reset? Or is there anything else I should do?

11. BloodBlade

Also can anyone tell me if google restores yr apps too?

12. BrickHouse

BrickHouse Android Enthusiast

You can backup app data on Google drive, as well as having apps re-installed upon recovery. [This is based on the idea of doing these things before disaster.] I also recommend running a regular backup (at least every other day) on your SD card. I run a (overwriting) backup to my SD card regularly and send copy to my gdrive when done. It has saved once when facing the issue you're dealing with.

#12 BrickHouse, Mar 30, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2019

LG Stylo 3 Forum

The LG Stylo 3 release date was May 2017. Features and Specs include a 5.7" inch screen, 13MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon 435 processor, and 3080mAh battery.

May 2017
Release Date
Reviews