• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Any reliable SMS app to Xperia mini Pro?

Akasha

Lurker
Nov 2, 2010
Hi All!

I would like to have a very simply SMS application, which shows separately the incoming, outgoing and the draft SMS messages. Could you please advise a reliable one? I found a great app called SMS Tray Lite but it always freezing after some clicks so I uninstalled it...

Akasha

Hello and welcome to the forum,

I have moved your thread over to the mini pro section for you and will hopefully get a mod to delete the duplicate question.

The current trend for SMS is to have the threaded conversation style of messaging so you don't have to flip back and forth between your in box and sent messages to follow what you and your friends have been saying.

I don't know of any old style apps but hopefully someone here will be able to help you.

I personally use Handcent SMS on my X10 and X8 (which is basically the same as the mini only slightly bigger). It is a really good texting app which I find much clearer visually than all that blue on the stock apps. It has a few added features like sending contacts and allowing you to choose music for notifiations/ringtones rather than the stock android ones.

The other app I have heard good things about is Chomp SMS which again is conversation style but I haven't used it personally. The are both free on the Android Market so give them a try to see if you like them.

Reactions: Akasha
Upvote 0
To turn off the notification for the stock app go to Settings>Sony Ericsson>Messaging>Notification and untick it. Then you only get the app that you are currently using.

Chomp is very similar to Handcent I believe so perhaps not what you are looking for if you didn't like that one.

Upvote 0
Akasha I'm the same as you, Rosered told me about Handscent too, and like you I prefer the "old school" inbox, outbox, sent ect ect, this bubble talk I just dont like. I'm back using "old faithfull" (C902)

Plus...

One thing I REALLY hate on the MP, is when you texing and make a mistake, you have no "c" or "back" button to move the cursor back. You have to slide you finger about to get the space right.

Again...just use the "c" button on the 902....so bloody simple yet efficient!

Upvote 0
Hi Cupa T,

There is a left arrow button in the right side of the keyboard (above the enter) which you can use for deleting.

A little hope for you but not for me:I found a widget (Simple SMS Widget - Android) which has the old style but it has a serious bug: when you try to move to the inbox, at the second time you do this the application ges an error and close itself...I tried it a lot of time, but it got the same, and just when you clicking the Inbox. I recommended you to give it a try, maybe it will work for you:)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones