• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Any removable/freezable bloatware?

Leelouster

Jan 1, 2012
What apps or services can I remove or freeze without damaging or bricking my phone? I tried googling and searching around the forums, but lots of other types of phones with other apps and services came up, and I can't find one for the Precedent! :( So if any of you guys have a list, or know a post or a website that has a list, please post it here. :) Thanks :)

There's an old thread here that highlights a list of removeable/replacable apps:

http://androidforums.com/precedent-all-things-root/434517-freeing-up-space.html

I used Titanium Backup to uninstall most of them, rather than the system they use in the thread (much easier). Just make sure you have a backup of the files before you get rid of them.

A few other apps wouldn't move via link2sd, so I uninstalled them via Titanium Backup, then re-installed them from the market, then moved them to the SD Card like Google Maps. Your mileage may vary. That was with the rooted stock ROM which had a lot of crapware on it.

Reactions: Leelouster
Upvote 0
I store as many as I can on the SD Card, though a few that I use every day I usually move back to the phone. My SD Card was pretty cheap and it feels like some apps can lag a little when they're on the card (might just be my imagination though).

When I know they aren't essential to the phone I usually delete as many apps as I can that I don't use. The office suite was the first to go. (Thinkfree?)

Reactions: Leelouster
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones