1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Any Replacement Batteries?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by prrep, Sep 29, 2014.

1. prrep

prrep Well-Known Member

Hi All

I just got the LG Volt and wanted to know if anyone has had luck in finding a replacement/extra battery for this phone?

I searched but had no luck.

Thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. DravenXcore

DravenXcore Well-Known Member

There's an OEM 3000mAh battery on Amazon for our phone, but it's pricy. It's about 30-35 bucks, if I remember correctly.

prrep likes this.
  3. prrep

prrep Well-Known Member

DravenXcore Thanks for the quick reply, That indeed is pricey for a battery.

4. DravenXcore

DravenXcore Well-Known Member

Yeah lol . And no problem.

5. donjuro

donjuro Android Expert

What's wrong with your battery?

prrep likes this.
  6. bg4m3r

bg4m3r Android Expert

Why are you looking for a battery? The life on this phone is simply ridiculous! I can easily go 2 days without charging, it's usually above 40% by the end of the day, and that's when travelling and playing games, etc. Is your battery damaged? If it is, just take it in and get it replaced since you phone is new.

If you just want to get one to have one, that's not a good idea. Lithium-Ion batteries begin loosing life expectancy as soon as they're manufactured. Even if it's just sitting, not being used, it will slowly die away. You should never buy a second battery until you actually need it.

prrep likes this.
  7. prrep

prrep Well-Known Member

The battery is fine, I've heard awesome things about the LG Volt's battery life.
    But Coming from the Evo V 4g and always having in my pocket an extra battery or two has made me feel sort of safe.It's good to be able to swap batteries while on the go.I guess I'm already used to having the extra batteries.

8. bg4m3r

bg4m3r Android Expert

You're totally not going to need a spare battery. :)

9. smk75

smk75 Member

You can get them on ebay for $12-15. Search for lg volt battery.

prrep likes this.
  10. prrep

prrep Well-Known Member

Took a chance and ordered a 2970mah battery from Ebay for a little under $15.00.
    I miss having an extra battery handy. I'll post an update once I get it and try it out.

11. bg4m3r

bg4m3r Android Expert

You know the stock battery is 3000mAh

12. prrep

prrep Well-Known Member

Yeah I know,But there's a big price difference (double the price) between the 2970mah and the 3000mah.
    So I figured for a backup battery the "2970mah" should do fine.
    I'll keep you guys posted once I get it and try out.

13. donjuro

donjuro Android Expert

Test it out and let us know if you get 2970mah worth

14. prrep

prrep Well-Known Member

Well I've had the battery for about 3 days now,And so far I'm very happy with it.
    I think that it lasts just as long as the original. I've yet to do any official tests so I'm not sure if I'm really getting 2970mah on this battery.
    It's the (AceSoft High Quality Extended
    Slim Battery) if anyone is interested in getting one. Surely feels good to have an extra battery in my pocket again. :)

LG Volt Forum

The LG Volt release date was May 2014. Features and Specs include a 4.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon 400 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

May 2014
Release Date
Reviews