1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Any risks to unlocking with companies?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by netrate, Jan 9, 2016.

1. netrate

netrate Newbie

Ok, I did some research and found out I need to get some unlocking codes for my phone.
    1) At this point, I only ever used it with Wifi and it works great
    2) I rooted it this afternoon and it worked great
    3) I tried GalaxSim Unlock and it couldn't find a way to unlock my phone.

So I decided I better try the unlocking companies and discovered the prices range from $15-$50.

1) Why is that?
    2) Is there information that I give with my IMEI number that could affect me when I go for an unlocking code?
    3) Are there some phones that will not unlock and getting a refund will prove problematic?

Thanks in advance.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. netrate

netrate Newbie

3. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest

I've used www.masterunlockcode.com on several occasions & never had a problem.
    They offer a 100% money back guarantee & you can pay with PayPal,so,you're covered as well as can be.

mydian likes this.
  4. dan330

dan330 Extreme Android User

refund?? of the unlock service? or phone issue?
    phone wise.. rooting and self unlocking.. would most likely void the warranty.

depending on the wireless company you purchased it from.. and if you paid it off in good standing.
    you could ask them to unlock the phone. it is your phone, now.

also.. remember. NOT all wireless companies can use any cell phone.
    example: Sprint phones (some phones) are only CDMA... and will never work on T-Mobile.

5. Jfalls63

Jfalls63 Android Expert

One thing you could do before trying to get it unlocked is to check to see if IMEI is clean since you bought the phone used.

https://swappa.com/esn

KOLIO likes this.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews