1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Any S3 owners have a Nexus 7?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by UserName872, Aug 10, 2012.

1. UserName872

UserName872 Android Enthusiast

I'm strongly considering trading in my iPad 2 and getting the 16gb nexus 7. Wanted to see if any GS3 owners here had the tablet and how they liked it... screen size, performance, etc...

Thanks!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. burtonvdp

burtonvdp Android Enthusiast

I do and I know of a few others that frequent this section as well. I love the device but I would say its a completely different animal when compared to an iPad. My wife has the iPad2 as well so I can of know all of the devices you are talking about...

The Nexus is:
    Easier to hold and do SOME things one handed
    a good carry along companion
    Great for gaming... Been playing dead trigger and the graphics are killer
    Great size for reading books (Not as great for magazines but still good)
    Good for typing quickly
    Great browser syncing options (Desktop, phone, etc)

The iPad 2 is:
    A larger device great for full screen web browsing
    Very solid OS although pretty boring
    Certain apps that you can only get on the iOS platform

Thats about all I can think of. The screen on the 7 is much nicer but not the end all be all of screens... I'd give that title to the new iPad. But given the price point I can't say that a fair comparison. The only problem I have had with the 7 is wireless networks... It wont connect sometimes BUT keep in mind I connect to around 7 different ones at work per day.

Foxfi + S3 + N7 is a great combo for data on the go.

3. UserName872

Thanks for the reply! That's kinda what I was thinking that there may be some screen size trade offs but the higher resolution display and more portable size may be what I'm looking for!

Amazon will give me $330 for my iPad 2 and I can get the 16gb using that credit and still have made some extra on top!

4. LS1BadBird

LS1BadBird Well-Known Member

I have an S3 and a Nexus 7 and love them. I have an iPad for work and it is better, mainly because you have a constant internet connection vs wi-fi, but I really love the N7, games on it are amazing with the latest processor. Plus, DataSync you can transfer app data which is very convenient.

5. UserName872

My iPad is a WiFi only model so the connection wouldn't really be different. But I'm glad to hear good reviews of the hardware!

6. burtonvdp

burtonvdp Android Enthusiast

That's really not a bad price considering a new one is around 400$ (for the 16gig model). It could also cover some pretty cool accessories as well ;) .

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews