1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Any S4's having issues with Google Play Music?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by DILands, Aug 22, 2013.

1. DILands

DILands Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2010
    King of Prussia PA 19406
    I'm having major issues that are constant - tried uninstalling and reinstalling updates - still have the same issue. It happens on BT, speaker, or headphones.

When a track starts - it will be at about 50% of the set volume. It will jump from the 50% up to full volume midway through the track, Happens EVERY TIME.

Any ideas?

TIA!

Advertisement

2. iToddh

iToddh Member

Apr 13, 2013
    I'm having the exact same issues with mine. i love the app, but this makes it unusable for me, which sucks. I haven't found a fix yet. I did notice it sometimes on Spotify also. I wonder if it has anything to do with streaming audio for some reason?

3. DILands

Apr 8, 2010
    King of Prussia PA 19406
    Yeah - but - with Google Play Music - it's EVERY track. I actually downloaded RDIO again - which I hadn't used in a while. Even though it's $9.99/month - I'll probably keep it!

4. KupKrazy

KupKrazy Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2010
    Male
    The Big Apple
    I've had a few issues.. The one you describe - it doesn't happen all the time to me, but I've had it happen a few times. Do you use the equalizer in the app? I think it may something to do with that. If I have it on, sometimes when a song is playing the equalizer will turn off by itself (and therefore, the sound jumps up LOUD).. Annoying and startling.

The other issue I've had is sometimes when I play a playlist or album, it repeats the first song. Really strange there.

But I only use it to access my uploaded songs (9k uploaded so far) whereas I keep a copy of my favorites on my phone and use another app (Poweramp) which I love.

5. DILands

Apr 8, 2010
    King of Prussia PA 19406
    I do a lot of streaming. Pretty sure no equalizer. Happens with every track. T Mobile days it's the app, can't even find any easy to contact support. I will cancel my subscription if I can't get this resolved within a week.

6. DILands

Apr 8, 2010
    King of Prussia PA 19406
    It's time to decide whether to stick with Google Play Music, or switch to RDIO. I check Google Play Music, and sure enough, I'm using the apps built in equalizer. Turn it off, and I think the problem is fixed. Will try it on the way home tonight. Hey, I cheap, I'd I can get basically the same thing for $2 a month less, I'll stock with Google.