• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Any Screen Scratches Without Protection?

I have just got an insurance replacement which I have had for a couple of weeks and there are no scratches. The previous one I had for about a a year (got it when it was first released) and it wasn't noticeably scratched either. Both of these are without screen protection but I do tend to try to keep the phone away from hard things.

The gorilla glass is pretty hard but then so is sand and grit.

Upvote 0
to be honest ive had my nexus for a little over a month i do have a hybrid case but no protector and there isnt even a scratch on it yet (knock on wood). and i use it basically all day. plus i did the drop test more than once to prove to ppl that androids are solid and well built (for those iphone are supperior ppl... eventho they all have glass falling off the back of theirs). i stand behind my nexus and can say it is the best phone ive ever had the pleasure of using...

Dropped mine from about waist high in the bathroom. The screen literally splintered. I haven't used it since. I'm going to attempt a repair soon though. The replacement screens are pretty cheap now... this happened a few months ago.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones