1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

any Sense ROMs with less screens or option to change?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by evan938, Feb 1, 2011.

1. evan938

evan938 Newbie

are there any sense ROMs that will give the option to switch from the standard 7 screens to less? or is there an option anywhere in the skyraider 3.5 rom to change this?

thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. blkbeltkid17

blkbeltkid17 Android Expert

if you want less screens use launcher pro man you can customize it almost fully and i think the default number of screens is 5

3. evan938

evan938 Newbie

cool. thats pretty close to what i was looking for...im not a "huge" fan of the difference where the phone button was being replaced by phone/people/apps/texts/internet, but its not horrible

now i guess i have a secondary question...lets say i organize my apps how i want them on my new 3 or 4 pages and set my phone to use launcher pro every time i hit the home button...if at some point i wanted to go back to the sense layout with 7 pages, and i disable or uninstall launcher pro, would my apps be organized the same way they are right now, pre- launcher pro, or would i have to go back and reorganize them how i want?

TIA

4. chigins

chigins Member

Reorganize is unfortunately the answer. I have done it several times since Saturday trying a new rom everyday :)

5. rcrott1

rcrott1 Android Enthusiast

launcher pro. i have it set to only 3 screens because i never use the other ones... actually, i only use 1 of the 3 that i have it set to right now.

6. Podivin

Podivin Android Expert

The Sense UI will still look the way that it did when you installed LP - all of your settings will remain.
    FYI, an easy way to switch between launchers is the app Home Switcher. You can bring any launcher 'forward' without losing the settings on the others.

7. blkbeltkid17

You should be able to re map the bottons on thr bottom by long pressing on them

8. ACD168

ACD168 Android Expert

I think you can make a sense rom only have 5 screens or 3, it takes some hacking, but i thought i saw it in an xml file. I have no idea if itll work or not a dev would need to chime in,

9. blkbeltkid17

yeah i see that on xda but launcher pro i just looked it again there is an option to change the number of screens

HTC Droid Incredible Forum

The HTC Droid Incredible release date was April 2010. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

April 2010
Release Date
Reviews