1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Any Solution to Camcorder Problems?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ukgovsucks, May 17, 2011.

1. ukgovsucks

ukgovsucks Newbie

I love my HTC Desire HD, fantastic bit of kit. However there is just one thing that annoys the hell out of me with it, and that is the Camcorder. It is totally useless for me at the moment. All I want to do is film my Grandaughter in widescreen, and every time I do this whether it be via the widescreen setting or the widescreen 720p HD setting, the video is out of sync with the audio! Also, the video itself is juddery.

I did read somewhere on here that apparently there was an update that cured certain problems with the Camcorder, but then the update was no longer available? I am running on v2.2 at the moment on Orange.

What can I do to sort this out? I am tempted to purchase a HD Webcam for home shots, but I shouldn't need to do this when I already have a phone that supposed to be able to do this!

I assume that this much talked about 'Gingerbread' update sorts this out?

If there is any alternative Camcorder Apps that don't have these issues then please let me know. As yet, I haven't found any. :(

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. endo55

endo55 Newbie

I've seen people reporting that the camcorder is better with Gingerbread.
    Not seen a release date for it on Orange though. Check out the official HTC UK page on Facebook where a representative answers questions.

Either way, think you're better off getting a dedicated HD camcorder, the quality will be better. They're "only"

ukgovsucks likes this.
  3. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

I have heard that the Class of SD Card you use affects video recording

ukgovsucks likes this.
  4. ukgovsucks

ukgovsucks Newbie

I'm using the Sandisk 8Gb one that came with the phone. :thinking:

Ahhh.. just checked and it look's like I've finally got the option to install the 2.3 update!
    So I'll do that then check the camcorder again afterwards to see if there is any improvement.

5. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

That could be why then.. Im using a 16GB Class 4 I got from Amazon in my HTC Desire and its working perfectly - And yeah sure check after the update :)

6. landovr

landovr Android Enthusiast

I use an 8gb class 4 and it works fine for me.

7. ukgovsucks

ukgovsucks Newbie

Right, sorry for the delay in coming back to you all on this. I've just been testing out the camcorder again after updating my phone to 2.3.3, and I am VERY happy to say that all seems to now work flawlessly! WELL CHUFFED!
    That update worked a treat. Thank you HTC. Although to be honest, it should of really worked in the first place. :p

8. Shonan

Shonan Android Enthusiast

glad it worked out for you,

i had the same problem and after bit of hunting about most common thing i could find it was down to the shoddy class 2 card they send out, just picked up a 16gb class 10 so hopefully this will sort my issues out till three decides im ready for GB

ukgovsucks likes this.
  9. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Glad it worked for you :)

ukgovsucks likes this.

HTC Desire HD Forum

The HTC Desire HD release date was October 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1230mAh battery.

October 2010
Release Date
Reviews