• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Any solutions to Signal, WiFi &sleep of death after 4.04?

howiesf

Oct 29, 2009
Just wondering if anyone out there who like me is still not rooted, has come up with solutions for the even weaker WiFi and radio signal strength, as well as the random sleep of death? This phone is quickly starting to remind me of the defective Sprint SG2's I had. Help ! :mad:

Can't help with signal but in regards to the sleep of death:
This is just hearsay at the moment but there's a fella that swears the AT&T bloatware is to blame. Mainly the AT&T smart wi-fi app. He claims that his phone has been fine since disabling all the AT&T crap.

I don't know if it's true but I personally disabled all the AT&T apps except "My AT&T" a few days ago and my phone stabilized. I haven't had an unwanted shutdown since.

I've been scratching my head wondering why my phone started acting normal again and then I ran across the posting about the AT&T bloatware and went "Aha!"

Reactions: dragula2012
Upvote 0
I have had all ATT apps disabled since I got the stupid update and the random sleep of death is still happening. I bought this phone off of some cool guy who had got a refurb that day from ATT and his wife decided she wanted an iPhone. Think I paid $260.00. I was reluctant after my Samsung nightmare with Sprint but I did it and with net10 it worked great for about 4-5 days. Now it is up and down. Anyway, I would assume that because this phone is an ATT branded phone and was sent from them, that they would still possibly swap it out for me or downgrade me to 4.03 ?

Upvote 0
sharing my "fix".... i did a full battery charge, pulled the battery and let the phone sit for a good 3 mins at least, then put it back in the phone, and did a wipe cache partition, so far, two days with no problems.

This was right after it was restarting over and over again.. i was frustrated, otherwise I probably would've taken the time to properly recalibrate the battery. :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones